ICC test

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattc

hello

I will be taking the ICC E2 test. what testing book would be the best to use

thanks matt

barbeer

Gosh, I suggest you get the candidate info book from your state, municipality etc..... and answer that question by yourself, we could tell you the 08 nec but it may be the 05?????

mattc

well I past the E2 test yesterday:grin:
Thanks to mikes book and from other books
Also would like to say thanks to everybody that answered any question I had

yfaze480

Don't know how i managed to crop 1/2 my post . LOL. In the part i chopped off i wondered if you have any pointers or personal observations you would like to share regarding the icc exam in general ? thanks in advance and once again congrats on your passing score

erickench

Hey Matt, take a look at the small sample test for E3 Electrical Plans Examiner. You'll never see anything like it. Right now I am taking the online course for the E3 test and I can tell you that it's no easy thing. That test is designed to trip you up and cause you to make a mistake. You have to be a legitimate NEC expert to pass that test.:-?

mattc

Don't know how i managed to crop 1/2 my post . LOL. In the part i chopped off i wondered if you have any pointers or personal observations you would like to share regarding the icc exam in general ? thanks in advance and once again congrats on your passing score

hello
this is what I did
I used 3 books to get ready and it took me a year to do it all. I did a little everyday after work and did nothing on the weeked.
Last OCT. I lost my job and spent more time with the books.
This is how I passed the test.
As far as pointers goes
(1) I took the final exams that I had from the 3 books before the ICC test. I figured if I cant pass these tests then I am not ready.
(2) I used the criteria from the ICC test for my book exam. For example if the ICC test only gives you 2 min. for one question thats what I used for my book exams. The Icc test I took said I had to get a 75% to pass I used this also for my practice exams.This gave me confidence.
(3)I got to the test center 1 hour head of may scheduled time. I took this time to rest up and calm my nerve's. I did not study during this time.I had to drive 2 hrs to get to the test center this helped me alot.

good luck

geovan

Is it an "open book" test? What code cycle ? Year. How many questions?
I have ab IAEI general. I am looking to take the ICC exam, and sooner or later , Floridas exam.
Thanks

WirenutGP

Some of answers on the practice test for the E3 are still from 05 codes not 08. Outlet near pools, and transformer room size are 2 areas that I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.