Sq D 40/60 panel pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricmanscott

There's been talk about loadcenters with more than 42 circuits lately. They do exist, and you don't have to go to Canada to get them. Sq D has 42/52 and 40/60 in both Homeline and QO. I installed a Homeline version a few weeks ago.
And here are some pics..

DSC00785.jpg

DSC00786.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00789.jpg

480sparky

You might wanna reidentify that black wire on the top left, going to the neutral bar. :cool:

That second pic of old panel was one dam mess , my god.

Reminds me of a family reunion:

"Hey, the Siemens' are here!"
"Cool, the band 'ITE' showed up!"
"There's the Westinghouses!"

SPARKS40

Scott, what is the model number of that Homeline panel? I have a 40 slot QO in my house, and i'd like to get one of those to replace it so i can eliminate my subpanel. Also, what did the panel cost you?

drive1968

I'm curious why you moved the receptacle box from the right side over to the left. Are the homeowners now going to be draping that cord across the front of the loadcenter?

mxslick

All those spaces, and you still used tandems? :confused:

I was wondering the same thing.

I'm curious why you moved the receptacle box from the right side over to the left. Are the homeowners now going to be draping that cord across the front of the loadcenter?

LOL y'all find the strangest things to fixate on. :grin:

Look closely at the extreme right of the third pic, looks like Scott installed a new recept for that cord out of camera range.

Npstewart

I heard the NEC is allowing 60P panels now. It was stupid in my opinion to limit it to 42P. Someone told me a long time ago a building burnt down started by an electrical fire and the only panel that still existed was a 42P panel, so the NEC limited the panel capacity to 42 poles. Not sure if thats true but thought I would throw it out there.

electricmanscott

You might wanna reidentify that black wire on the top left, going to the neutral bar. :cool:

It is a bonding conductor to the water pipe. It's actually going to be replaced with a #4.

All those spaces, and you still used tandems? :confused:

There is a major kitchen remodel happening. Some of those spaces are spoken for. Even if there wasn't any other work planned I still would have used them. Part of the sales pitch was the panel being full to capacity. Now they see empty spaces available and the know they got their moneys worth. Otherwise in their mind they would have paid me to replace a full panel with a full panel.

Scott, what is the model number of that Homeline panel? I have a 40 slot QO in my house, and i'd like to get one of those to replace it so i can eliminate my subpanel. Also, what did the panel cost you?

That's a HOM4060M200C and it was $260.00

The cord is for my droplight. :D The reason it's been moved is to find a free knockout.

electricmanscott

BTW, this house was built in 1775. It survived the Revolutionary war, plagues, Hurricanes, Tornadoes and countless other disasters. Be pretty funny if it was those tandems that everybody hates was the cause of it's demise. :D

Anybody want to shoot a price for this? Just changed the panel and the water pipe bond. Nothing else.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
There is a major kitchen remodel happening. Some of those spaces are spoken for.
Well, I couldn't tell that from the pics. ;) Now, I get it. I prefer using the lowest ratings possible for them (15a's).

Even if there wasn't any other work planned I still would have used them.
To me, explaining about installing them if/when the time comes is as easy as installing them now. Just a preference.

That's a HOM4060M200C ...
"4060" is what made me go back and count spaces. I see it's no larger than a 4040. "C" for Canadian?

Jim W in Tampa

Wish they had them years ago. Looks far better than original. Do they permit the exsposed romex there ? Only way i managed in my house was to put a sub panel behind the main in another room. And i am still maxed out on spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.