RFI Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since forever I would create a table from a spread sheet and that would be my numbering and tracking system. Then I would use word processor to write the actual RFI. This has worked as a rudimentary system.

I am looking for a software application made for this specific purpose.

I want a system that can keep track of the RFI'S in an efficient manner.

Not to advertise or anything, but PM me, and we can speak and get more details VIA email, I may be able to make something out for you, SOUNDS REAL SIMPLE.

Actually, maybe even have a drop down box for customers to choose from, or just input the new info. And keeps track of them that way, run reports on RFI's sent etc. Sounds like some fun stuff many could benefit from.

Last edited:

USMC1302

You might try a google search of AIA document software. Pretty sure there is something like what you are looking for already packaged.

tkb

I used Expedition years back. It is a Primavera software.
I tried to search for it, but Primavera is now part of Oracle.

I didn't find Expedition. I am sure it is still out there.

It tracked correspondence, RFI's, Submittals and other documents for construction.

macmikeman

It tracked correspondence, RFI's, Submittals and other documents for construction.

I did too. Back in MSDOS days. Then an engineer turned me on to Apple Os7 and things took an immediate turn for the better organized.

KevinVost

Expedition still exists, our facility uses it everyday. You're right on, BTW, it is Oracle now.

Robert (OP), if you have Microsoft products, they make a program called Access, it will make spead sheets (in excel), create PDF documents and you can create all kinds of reports and have multiple tracking filters. The problem is it requires a bit of time and skill to master creating items, dropdown lists and fields that will work for your needs, but it may be more reasonably priced than some other software. Just and idea...........:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.