• Nov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dec

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bikeindy

Curious about when business is slow for others and when you can hardly keep up.

for us we are slowest in August every year, busiest in July every year. December and January are good months for us April and Sept are fairly slow. We are working Sat and Sunday this week just to keep up and will surely work next Sat but I can tell you that on Aug 1st it will seem as if my phones have been disconnected. (last year I picked them up and dialed just to make sure)

Last edited:

cadpoint

Quarterly

Quarterly

Whats wrong, don't you realize your trend is following the Quarters of a year? The new money is in the calendar starting in Sept. :)

bkludecke

Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I actually pay attention to this stuff. In the 29 years I've been in business, May has almost always had the lowest gross sales and November has nearly always had the highest gross sales. We do mostly residential new const & remodel/service work and some commercial when it's available.

bikeindy

cadpoint said:
Whats wrong, don't you realize your trend is following the Quarters of a year? The new money is in the calendar starting in Sept. :)

I don't think that has anything to do with my particular situation. Home owners don't spend by the quarter

I don't have slow times, but do notice lower call volume at...
Quarterly tax due dates
School breaks, spring breaks and first week of summer recess

Call volume seems to pick up right before religious holidays as people want fixtures replaced & other problems fixed before the family shows up.

Brady Electric

when are you busy or slow

I am always busy but I do slow down a little in March just before tax time of April 15, then it picks up again. It has taken allot of hard work but I have built a good two man business that's always busy, by treating everyone the way I want to be treated. Semper Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.