Snaking a ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnConnolly

For short fishes (up tp 15" ) I use cut off pieces of steel fish tape.

PVC works Really well for long fishes. I use 1/2 inch and have gone as far as 60'. It is pretty flexible and you can slip them in one at a time. Tape the couplings (belled ends) so you don't lose them.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
LarryFine said:
How about a trained ferret?
I once used an HO's hunting beagle to get an RG6 pulled from end to end under a mobile home... with the HO's permission and assistance of course :grin:

quogueelectric

snaking with pvc

snaking with pvc

JohnConnolly said:
For short fishes (up tp 15" ) I use cut off pieces of steel fish tape.

PVC works Really well for long fishes. I use 1/2 inch and have gone as far as 60'. It is pretty flexible and you can slip them in one at a time. Tape the couplings (belled ends) so you don't lose them.
If you are going long distances fasten an empty plastic soda bottle to the end to clear obstructions. like fishing a ground wire across a soffit in a colonial when the water main is on the other side of the house from theelectric service.follow the gutter downspout down to the sill plate and get into the basement

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
LarryFine said:
How about a trained ferret?

Why a ferret? Why not a "SNAKE"? Now you can really snake the ceiling.

snake,0.jpg

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
helper

helper

Davis9 said:
Yes Sir I was. I am pretty deadly with that thing! I make my helper put his hand in the ceiling so I have something to aim at J/K. I only got him once from 25+-' but from the noise he made it is pretty powerful!

Tom

you are too considerate. better for him to put his head in the ceiling....far better target. :)

Occupation
Inspector
bikeindy said:
Originally Posted by mdshunk
Anyone ever use a remoted controlled monster truck from Radio Shack to drag a pull string through a suspended ceiling? I might know a guy that used to do that. :wink:
I like this idea.

A fellow I know told me that was the way he did large area ceiling work.

Status
Not open for further replies.