Computer Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Kraemer

Don't know if this belongs here or not didn't know where else to post it.
I am currently using XP Pro with S/P 2 and just upgraded to IE 7 and now I can't access my e/mail through Outlook Express or Outlook in MS Office. :mad:
I enter my password and it won't take it says login failed. I can view my mail through the Hotmail website just not with the programs on my computer.
I didn't change any settings, any settings that were changed were done by the install of IE 7.
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. :smile: I'm pretty good at fixing problems on my computer but this one has me stumped. :-?
Thanks in advance for the help.

celtic

IE7 screwed up my printer!

I was like WTF ...how does a browser affect a printer???

MS site offered 0 help, the people at HP were aware of the issue and had not completed/offfered a fixother than revert back to an older/different edition of the printer sopftware ...stange "fix" but it did work.

I think I'm getting a little tired of ol' Mr. Gates ...next comp. might be a Mr. Jobs model.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
celtic said:
I think I'm getting a little tired of ol' Mr. Gates ...next comp. might be a Mr. Jobs model.

We stayed a long weekend with friends that have a new Mac. I loved it.

Bob Kraemer

celtic said:
IE7 screwed up my printer!

I was like WTF ...how does a browser affect a printer???

MS site offered 0 help, the people at HP were aware of the issue and had not completed/offfered a fixother than revert back to an older/different edition of the printer sopftware ...stange "fix" but it did work.

And I thought I was the only one with the dumb luck computer issues.:wink:
I must have gotten lucky, just checked my printers and they both worked.:-?

celtic

The printer issue ticked me off immensly ...I needed to print out a bid, the Mrs. was faxing out inviation samples/recieving edited copies from clients ...NOT a good time to be down.

Maybe I'll pick up a used Job's laptop to abuse for a bit....

Bob Kraemer

chris kennedy said:
We stayed a long weekend with friends that have a new Mac. I loved it.
I would love to try a new Mac comp. just can't afford to buy all new software I currently have/use.

Has anyone tried or use the Linux OS?

celtic

Bob Kraemer said:
Has anyone tried or use the Linux OS?

My brother uses Linux ...he loves it ...he gave my dad a comp. with some OS I have never heard of - I think it starts with a U ???

Bob Kraemer

celtic said:
My brother uses Linux ...he loves it ...he gave my dad a comp. with some OS I have never heard of - I think it starts with a U ???
I think that is a Unix OS a verison of Linux OS :-?

ceknight

Bob Kraemer said:
I would love to try a new Mac comp. just can't afford to buy all new software I currently have/use.

With the intel Macs you can run Windoze, so you don't have to replace all your software.

Of course, once you start using the MacOS, you'll _want_ to replace all your software. :)

fido

celtic said:

That would probably be Ubuntu. Supposed to be one of the easiest to use. You can download it, burn it to cd, then boot from the CD to try it without having to install it.

celtic

fido said:
That would probably be Ubuntu. Supposed to be one of the easiest to use. You can download it, burn it to cd, then boot from the CD to try it without having to install it.
Ubuntu ...yup, that's it!
And it must be relatively easy...my brother put it on a comp for my dad. This particular computer has been in our family since the early to mid 90's...LOL, a real "heirloom" :D ...and my Dad is just about 90 as well.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
i had so many problems with IE7 that i almost had to trash this very computer. luckily i was able to repair most of the damage it did, and now use mozilla firefox exclusively. go to http://www.mozilla.com and download your free copy. they also have an e-mail client. the only thing that takes some getting used to are a couple of different shorcuts, if you're a keyboard instead of mouse type of guy like myself. so far, the firefox has been pretty bulletproof and it doesn't interfere with any of my other programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.