Residential crimp-on ground sleeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkydon

chris kennedy said:
Oh yeah, those come in some Halo Products. I don,t know if I trust one to carry 10 amps.

I have the same apprehension about wagos. Probably in the same way old electricians didnt trust wirenuts. Granted the ones in HALO cans are of a much cheaper composition than the ones IDEAL sells.

macmikeman

This whole fault current failure point calls for the need of the new Macmikeman Industries "Inline fuse protected wire splicing caps" . They are still in the design stage however, so you just are going to have to wait awhile until they are required by UL to use.:D

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
macmikeman said:
They are still in the design stage however, so you just are going to have to wait awhile until they are required by UL to use.:D
I guess you'll have to just go straight to CMP-2 with whatever you have put together, then. That'll give you over a decade to work out the bugs. :D :D

Brady Electric

Residential crimp-on ground sleeves

dab said:
just how many tools can you carry on a service truck that do the same job as another tool. kiss- keep it simple sparky.
I use the T@B tool. They also have side cutters or #9's that have the crimp tool on them. I only use sta-con sleeves for the grounds because it takes less space and saves time. I have also used them on regular joints to save space but its takes more time because of using tape. If you tape it right you need to put enough tape to equal the insulation that came on the wire. Like everyone I think my way is the best way. Old dogs can learn new tricks but sometime don't won't too. Semper Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.