Bonding bushings 1 1/4"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
Bonding bushings have no correlation to conduit size. You either need them or you don't, conduit size isn't a factor.

K2500

The bushing requirement was for conduit containing wire #4 and larger, rather than by conduit size. 300.4(g)
Also depends on raceway type and fittings 344.46, 342.46.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys I couldn't find a reference but I could have sworn it was in there.
But at my age it could have been decades ago

cowboyjwc

Staff member
For years I was told that 1" conduit requied a bushing, but then I realized that was someone had heard wrong and that was probably the size you need to run #4 in.

NolaTigaBait

For years I was told that 1" conduit requied a bushing, but then I realized that was someone had heard wrong and that was probably the size you need to run #4 in.

I was told that also...My old boss said anything over 3/4 required a bushing....He also told me it was ok to tap a branch circuit down one size up to 12''....He called it the 12 '' tap rule....Needless to say neithert of them are in the code book, but I did it like this until I actually read it.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I was told that also...My old boss said anything over 3/4 required a bushing....He also told me it was ok to tap a branch circuit down one size up to 12''....He called it the 12 '' tap rule....Needless to say neithert of them are in the code book, but I did it like this until I actually read it.

I had to look to see where you were from to get your name. It just really caught my eye, because my mom's name is Nola.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.