Grounding and bonding of Generators and fuel tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiltDana

We have a number of remote generators (100kw) with large external fuel tanks with a distribution box. My question is as follows:
1. For each ground cable coming off of the fuel tanks and the generators as well as the power distribution boxes does each cable need to be grounded to its own grounding stake? For example: two fuel tanks, two generators and two distribution boxes, total of six items going to six ground stakes. What regulation can I call out as a standard to follow? The NEC would require the two generators to be grounded, nothing for the distribution boxes, and the NEC does not cover any grounding of fuel tanks, but I?m sure there are other ?Fuel? standards that appy.

2. The fuel line is just a normal rubber hose that goes from the fuel tank straight to the generator fuel filter into the engine. Does the fuel tank need to be ?bonded? to the generator if both are grounded? What regulation can I call out as a standard to follow? The NEC does not address this condition, but there might be other standards that apply.

Please note that I am in a desert, 120 deg. F + at 15% humidity (8 months) up to 65 % humidity in the rainy season.

Status
Not open for further replies.