Available Fault Current at the Pole or Line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rene-Amil

Does anyone know where I can get the Available Utility Fault Current at the pole or at the line for a certain street, block, area? This info is necessary to calculate the short circuit interrupting rating for a main circuit breaker for a building. The utility company is PSE&G but I don't know who to talk to.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
They have to give it to you at the end of their terminals. So if they run from the pole to a weather head and down to the main CB , that's the value they need to provide.

AM_0228

Rene-Amil said:
Does anyone know where I can get the Available Utility Fault Current at the pole or at the line for a certain street, block, area? This info is necessary to calculate the short circuit interrupting rating for a main circuit breaker for a building. The utility company is PSE&G but I don't know who to talk to.

You can ask the available fault duty from the utility. But almost given fault duty is there bus fault. You can ask the distribution inspector/engineer from the utility the needed data (medium voltage line length,line configuration,wire size) to compute for the Line impedance. Then compute the fault current at the end of the utiltiy termnals.

hope this helps..:)

benaround

Guy's,

If your going to walk the walk then

1.Available Fault Current

2.Amps Interupting Capacity, AIC

3.Short Circuit Current Rating, SCCR

these are the only terms used to talk the talk.

If you are going to be calling people up and asking questions, I thought the

proper terms could be of some use to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.