3-way Delima

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricianJeff

benmin said:
Sounds like you might just have a switch miswired. I would check them first.

Ok, thanks to everyone for their input. I must have a switch miswired. Thursday I will recheck everything and go ahead and seperate the white and red/white neutrals at the devices. I don't believe box fill to be a problem as both are 3 gang with 2 other single switches.

I'll post a note when finished.

Thanks again,

Jeff

ElectricianJeff

hardworkingstiff said:
Someone please delete this post.

If my lack of knowledge has somehow offended you then for that I apoligize. I am here to learn.

I pulled the switches and checked them this morning. One of the 3-ways was bad right out of the box. No continuity on either leg. New switch and it worked like a champ.

Thanks again to everyone that chose to give me valuable input regarding this problem. I learned some things that will come in handy.

Jeff

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
ElectricianJeff said:
If my lack of knowledge has somehow offended you then for that I apoligize. I am here to learn.
You have learned, and you have no reason to apologize.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Jeff,

Actually, I think Lou was asking that just his last post be deleted.

Look at the post time and edit time.

I just happened to get a snippet of his post in an automatic email of activity in a thread I have posted in, and when I logged in, Lou had already changed the post to the "please delete this".

It wasn't about you. As Larry says, you're learning.

We're all learning.

That's the truly delicious feature of this community. :cool:

benmin

Occupation
Master Electrician
ElectricianJeff said:

I do believe Hardworkingstiff was refering to his "post" and not the "thread".

ElectricianJeff

al hildenbrand said:
Jeff,

We're all learning.

That's the truly delicious feature of this community. :cool:

It truly is......this forum has been the second best thing I ever discovered. The first was a 3 letter word that starts with a "S" but lets not go there.:rolleyes:

Now if I could only figure out how to quote different posts in the same reply life would be so grand.

Jeff

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
ElectricianJeff said:
It truly is......this forum has been the second best thing I ever discovered. The first was a 3 letter word that starts with a "S" but lets not go there.:rolleyes:

Now if I could only figure out how to quote different posts in the same reply life would be so grand.

Jeff

Just copy and paste the message you want and add [quote at the beginning and [/quote at the end. You must close the bracket after "quote" and "/quote" also. I didn't do it because it would not show you the words quote etc. It would look like this if I closed the bracket

Just copy and paste the message you want and add
at the beginning and
at the end.

If you want the persons name type quote=Jeff with the bracket and /quote at the end with the brackets

hardworkingstiff

ElectricianJeff said:

I pulled the switches and checked them this morning. One of the 3-ways was bad right out of the box. No continuity on either leg. New switch and it worked like a champ.

Thanks again to everyone that chose to give me valuable input regarding this problem. I learned some things that will come in handy.

Jeff

Jeff, I too learn in here all the time. I'm sorry you thought I was talking about you, I wasn't.

ElectricianJeff

hardworkingstiff said:
Jeff, I too learn in here all the time. I'm sorry you thought I was talking about you, I wasn't.

No problem, Lou. I read it when I first got home after a really hot day in this homes nasty basement. Didn't even notice the quick edit until someone pointed it out.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.