Another Kitchen Recep ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

splinetto

The cabinet layout showed what looked like a pantry cabinet(so I put no recep) however what came out was a 12" wall cabinet that sits on a 24" countertop. Thus leaving 12" of top in front of the cabinets without a recep. Am I in trouble? Could it be considered a seperated space like a sink would?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
You're in big trouble. If there is 12" or more deep than you need a receptacle if the counter is 12" or more wide. Look at the diagram in the 2005 code in Fig. 210.52

I would leave town now.:grin:

splinetto

Dennis Alwon said:
You're in big trouble. If there is 12" or more deep than you need a receptacle if the counter is 12" or more wide. Look at the diagram in the 2005 code in Fig. 210.52

I would leave town now.:grin:
Thanks for the heads up... Im out of here....any work over there?:D

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
splinetto said:
The cabinet layout showed what looked like a pantry cabinet(so I put no recep) however what came out was a 12" wall cabinet that sits on a 24" countertop. Thus leaving 12" of top in front of the cabinets without a recep. Am I in trouble? Could it be considered a seperated space like a sink would?
The section of countertop in front of the cabinet does not qualify as wall space, so the receptacle is not required there.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
LarryFine said:
The section of countertop in front of the cabinet does not qualify as wall space, so the receptacle is not required there.

I told you someone would invoke Charlie's Rule. I have to agree but warn that some inspectors may fight you on that.

splinetto

LarryFine said:
thanks ,your right it isnt a wall, I dont think the insp will give me any trouble but now I have answer and most importantly I dont have to move and pull 3 wires thru any holes:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.