I got it all wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurk27

did you read some of the comments left, what lode of crock, Manpower has been dishing out stuff like this for as long as I can remember, and its all about them bringing in people from over seas to work here for less money while we don't have jobs.

Don't belive everything you hear. E'rrr Read:roll:

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
First its Yahoo, 2nd I will not work for 3rd world wage. Untill the total destruction of the U.S.A. when we will be a third world; but I still will be the high priced 3rd world elec.

jimport

Occupation
Master Electrician
Where is the shortage of workers when the construction industry is so depressed? Many skilled workers that can't find work would be suprised to find out about this shortage.

BTW, how did someone get skilled when last year they were living in squalid conditions in a third world country that doesn't have the building codes and construction standards we have here? I am not saying they can't be taught or learn, but what is wrong with hiring someone already skilled.

I remember reading how the HBA was promoting how the use of illegals and underpaid workers from out of country was making the homes more affordable by keeping prices down. I guess they didn't think that if you don't earn enough because you have been displaced by someone working for less than half your wage for the same job that it really doesn't matter.

I talked to a Verizon supervisor about their FIOS install crews. He said they would work for 12 hours a day and never complain. Why should they complain when they made more in a month than a years salary back home.

Last edited:

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
As usual, the media leaves out pertinent information.

There is a shortage of skilled trades people that won't work for minimum wage and no benefits.

So, in other words, there is a shortage of companies that won't pay decent wages. The tradespeople are out there, they just have finally drawn the line and won't work the trades for a pittance.

Good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.