Mondays Photo : Violations Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

RUWired said:
I spy another violation. The Incoming conduit should have a bonding bushing.(250.92(B).
Rick

That's one I noticed standing there in the dark. Now, you're getting warmer to the real biggie!

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Too bad it's a Homeline panel. I hate to see what could be a future good installation defiled with junk equipment.

Oh you hush! I've never had a problem w/ homeline. You MUST be one of the C-H guys!

thetacon

rather than saying that a hot is phased white how about the neutral is landed under lug for an ungrounded conductor and the hot is landed on the neutral bar on the right?

480sparky

The lugs for the hots are on the outside of the neutral, which is in the middle. The gold posts below the main are what ties it to the busbars.

But you're getting warmer.... much warmer.... you're looking in the right place.

I'll give you 2 hints: The big conduit is 1" EMT. And you need to know the frame sizes for Square D Homline breakers.

Last edited:

celtic

480sparky said:
I'n not sure either... I never checked for a bonding screw. I will tomorrow, though.
While you're there...take some better pix, would ya? LOL

I'm all for playing the game, but either my eyes are shot or my monitor is...and neither is being replaced any time soon :D

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
What size are the service conductors? I?m guessing the MB is 200 amps but the conductors look smaller that 2/0.

480sparky

Then it would be OK, but that's not the case here.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get into the basement today. When I arrived, the carpenters had already demo's the old stairway and were starting to build the new one.

Then it started raining. Hard.

Then the basement started flooding. At least 12" of water down there when I left.

Oh well, it's the builders' problem. Maybe if it floods more, Marc can come over and pull the HO panel out. :grin:

Will return Thursday to see how things are going.

480sparky

I took some more pix today, and noticed there are more violations than I originally noticed. I talked to the builder about this, and he said the guy who installed this 1. Is a licensed Master electrician and 2. Said it's all OK since he's not having it inspected.

celtic said:
While you're there...take some better pix, would ya? LOL
:D

Here ya go:

Violation #2
Violation #3

iwire

Staff member
In the picture marked 3 I see an EMT feeder without an EGC entering the panel through an e-centric KO.

Is there a problem with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.