Contract question again

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=PEAKABOO=-

I went to various attorneys in my area and the cheapest price to write me up a contract is over $500. Surely someone knows of another route to obtain a contract for a church I am about to start. I believe if I carry a contract I have made out (or filled in the blanks) to an attorney it is WAY less expensive for him to proof read and correct. This is for Texas.

Please help the lost:)

Thanks a million.

haskindm

Try http://www.legalforms.com/.
They have state specific forms and a large selection of forms for contractors. I have not used their services but they appear to be reputable and have a good selection of forms. There is some cost involved, but I am sure it is much cheaper than what you found from your local attorneys.

ITO

Good luck on getting a GC to sign your contract?

The closest I have ever gotten to a neutral and fair contract is here:
http://www.aia.org/docs_default

You can also buy copies of these contracts at all our local reprographics shops. Note this is are the same contracts that most savvy owners have with the GCs, they just make us sign their ?special? contracts because we will.

-=PEAKABOO=-

haskindm said:
Try http://www.legalforms.com/.
They have state specific forms and a large selection of forms for contractors. I have not used their services but they appear to be reputable and have a good selection of forms. There is some cost involved, but I am sure it is much cheaper than what you found from your local attorneys.

The link you posted does not work, shows to be a suspended website, maybe they breeched their contract:grin: :grin:

Minuteman

Celtic has commented several times about his "wonder" contract. It is supposed to be air tight, but I have never seen it.

I believe he also uses Guido's Collection Service for delinquent accounts. :D

Last edited:

tallguy

-=PEAKABOO=- said:
I went to various attorneys in my area and the cheapest price to write me up a contract is over $500. Surely someone knows of another route to obtain a contract for a church I am about to start. I believe if I carry a contract I have made out (or filled in the blanks) to an attorney it is WAY less expensive for him to proof read and correct. This is for Texas.
I don't know of any worthwhile attorney that will proofread what you've written based on a form. I've tried to go that route before, and have always been told that it is way easier for them to just write it up themselves.

Of course they are not doing it from scratch, they are working of a template -- but it's based on their knowledge and experience. Would you want to work with the customer buying all your materials and then have to figure out what you've got to work with?

Finding a good attorney (e.g. one who won't charge you 15 minutes for every two minute phone call) is like finding a good mechanic. They're worth their weight in gold when you need them... and when you really need them, it's too late to start looking.

Rewire

Call your state Bar Association they can direct you to Atty. who work with small businesses getting a good relationship with a business law atty. can save you many headaches

Status
Not open for further replies.