rg6 question commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

verhndy

I was asked to give a estimate on installing dual channel wiremold in a gym. They want a receptacle every 41" and a cable jack . That would be a total of 34 of each. The distance to the electric room is around 60' and no run would be more than a 150 ' . Do i have to have a home run to each jack with a hub / amplifier in the exercise rm. Or can I use splitters in the wiremold and reduce the number of jacks. Or maybe cat 6 with baluns. Any Ideas on how you would handle this installation. Any suggesestion would be appreciated. I'm unfamiliar with commercial cableing.

nhfire77

What is the signal in the RG-6? Just TV for each exercise machine?

Typically you would use a splitter for each tap or two. You cannot take broadcast signal from the CATV company and hit 34 TV's with it, too much signal loss. You will need an amplifier or three

egnlsn

Occupation
A/V/Security Technician
What is the signal in the RG-6? Just TV for each exercise machine?

Typically you would use a splitter for each tap or two. You cannot take broadcast signal from the CATV company and hit 34 TV's with it, too much signal loss. You will need an amplifier or three

If it's designed right, just one amplifier would probably suffice.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
They make cable taps that look and install like 2-way splitters, but the tap has a greater signal loss, while the run has a much lower loss, so many can be placed in a single line.

Added: Here's an example:
DSDC-20thumb.jpg

Last edited:

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
What is this being fed from? Unless you know what you are doing (and respectfully you don't) I would leave this to the cable or sat company installers. There is a lot going on here that you don't realize. Don't make a mess that your customer has to deal with later.

-Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.