Ground up or Down-not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Tom, did you give us a heads up that this was a free sample? I don't remember that. But that must have been long before that LOTO sample I'm still waiting for.

LawnGuyLandSparky

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I knew an outlet in the house wasn't in the perfect vertical position.

Just like all the coverplate screws.

mdshunk

LawnGuyLandSparky said:
I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I knew an outlet in the house wasn't in the perfect vertical position.

Yeah, that would sorta make me nuts too.

Wonder what these things cost out at? I can see them being handy for certain oddball situations, but I think to do a whole house in them would be super-expensive.

360Youth

Are they really motorized. ;) If so, I think it will affect the load calculation per receptacle. :D BTW, non-vertical plate screws overly stress me out. I really need to learn to let it go.

iwire

Staff member
Do they come in tamper resistant?

Yeah, that would sorta make me nuts too.

BTW, non-vertical plate screws overly stress me out. I really need to learn to let it go.

You all need help :grin:

The world is spiraling down the toliet....cover plate screws are the last thing I lose sleep about.

walkerj

Gotta have vertical screws. It makes the devices look like they belong there. I worked with a guy that went ont the horizontal. It drove me freaking nuts!

LawnGuyLandSparky

iwire said:
You all need help :grin:

The world is spiraling down the toliet....cover plate screws are the last thing I lose sleep about.

Everyone has their poison.

This reminds me of a Simpsons episode - the family house is burning down, and Marge runs into the flame-engulfed kitchen to rescue the family photo albums. On her way out, she notices, and washes a dirty dish in the sink. :grin:

masterinbama

Used to have an engineer in the area that would change the screw orientation. One project vertical next one horizontal. Got gigged on a school kitchen remodel by him. Called him and asked him what the deal was He told me that was his way of knowing if I had read the specs. or not. Needless to say I always read the specs. even if it's an engineer I do a lot of work for.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
masterinbama said:
Used to have an engineer in the area that would change the screw orientation. One project vertical next one horizontal. Got gigged on a school kitchen remodel by him. Called him and asked him what the deal was He told me that was his way of knowing if I had read the specs. or not. Needless to say I always read the specs. even if it's an engineer I do a lot of work for.

Should have told him that Women were complaing about catching and breaking their fingernails in the switch plate screw slots on the jobs where he was specking horizontal. ;)

Roger

iwire

Staff member
LawnGuyLandSparky said:
Everyone has their poison.

This reminds me of a Simpson's episode - the family house is burning down, and Marge runs into the flame-engulfed kitchen to rescue the family photo albums. On her way out, she notices, and washes a dirty dish in the sink. :grin:

LOL, Great Simpson's reference. :cool:

stickboy1375

walkerj said:
Gotta have vertical screws. It makes the devices look like they belong there. I worked with a guy that went ont the horizontal. It drove me freaking nuts!

Haha, you should re-look at a screw horizontal, it looks way better than vertical....:grin:

cowboyjwc

Staff member
And as inspectors we look at jobs where the contractors don't even care if the boxes are straight or level or even the same height.

And you guys think we're picky. :grin:

"I'm sorry, but your screws aren't all the same direction. Gonna have to write you up. Man the guys in the office are gonna love this one." :rolleyes: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.