Service Equipment Bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicdelta

I have 3 pieces of Service equipment for a Multi Family Building.One section is Under Ground Pull section,2nd one is 1200A service equipment with 1200A service disconnect,and 3rd piece is 400A service disconnct.These 3 pieces are seperated in different location but fed from Pull Section.My question is where should be GEC,MBJ.
I found per 250-24-B(Grounded service conductor shall be bonded to service disconnect Enclosure for each service disconnect).But I am not sure if I have to bond the Service Grounded conductor to Pull Section which is part of Service Equipment.Where should be GEC(CW & Ufer connection).
Thanks

vicdelta

barbeer said:
I am not sure I know what a pull section is. I would do my grounding at the service disco. 2 service discos not located in the same place?

Pull Section is where the service conductors are originated and is in the Building in a form of cabinet with Lug Landings.

sandsnow

order you pull section with a bonded neutral

OR

Install a bonding jumper in the pull section from neutral to the enclosure

OR

run a bonding jumper from the GES to the enclosure of the pull section

MBJ and GEC connections are made in the service disconect(s)

There are other possible connections. I just put down the easist and most simple solutions I could.

vicdelta

sandsnow said:
order you pull section with a bonded neutral

OR

Install a bonding jumper in the pull section from neutral to the enclosure

OR

run a bonding jumper from the GES to the enclosure of the pull section

MBJ and GEC connections are made in the service disconect(s)

There are other possible connections. I just put down the easist and most simple solutions I could.

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.