Accubid vs Conest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went with a McCormik system. Best money I've spent. The system takes time to set up but is really worth it. Keeps me organized. The system forces you to figure in all of your expences parts,labor,overhead. Now that the system is set up I fax in all orders to the supply house, saves so much time. Also the system tells me how much the total should be on the order so when the supplier "uses the wrong price by accident" it is quickly noticable. I do mostly remodles, small jobs that don't pay much but the way that the McCormick system brakes the job down in to labor hours, I went to my guys (all four of them) and said hey look here is how long it should take, get it done I'll pay extra. Sounds funny but it saves me money, I gave em a reason to want it. I also use a "job clock" so those guys punch in and out. Those two programs make it simple to count everything. McCormik is really the way to go.

I went with McCormik. Best money I ever spent. Keeps me organized. Good people. They spent hours on training me. It takes a lot to set up but I don't know how I ran my biz with out it. The system makes me look at everthing parts,labor,overhead and taxes. I no longer call in my orders to the supply house I fax in a list. The system also tells me what the total dollor amount of the order should be so when the supply house"uses the wrong price" I can see it right a way. I do remodles so my jobs are small and don't pay much. But I was able to use the system to set goals for my guys, like it should take you guys 100 hours to rough it, 16 hours to pull it, 24 hours to trim it. If you guys get it done on time I'll give you extra. This makes em want it and saves me a trip back.

Brian J.

I use Conest and am very happy with it. I do a lot of specialty control work, and Conest has a very comprehensive database to figure these sorts of jobs out. But, just like any other software out there, you will have to take some time to learn it and set it up to your own company's needs. When you spend this kind of money though, take the time to do a demo whith each and everyone of these companies to see if it is truely what you need and can work with. I tried several of them (McCornick, Vision, Accubid, and Conest) and Conest won me over hands down. Good luck!

dezwitinc

I use Accubid and am happy with it.
That may be because I have used it for 15 years, feel comfortable with it, and have built an extensive data base that serves me well.
As other posters have stated, the program will only be as good as you make it.
Remember, they are all pretty raw and you need to tune it to fit your operation.
One big plus that I will give Accubid is that they have support that is absolutely the best in any industry I have ever dealt with.
Try looking at their demo program.

Ravenvalor

Which programs of Accubid do you use

Which programs of Accubid do you use

Which Accubid programs do you use. T&M Billing, bidwimmer plus?
Also, Accubid tells me that Conest is always mailing out patches. Do you ever receive patches from Accubid?

Thanks,
jim

dezwitinc

Good point that I overlooked.
Their software has been extremely reliable.
I think I got one patch from them a couple of years ago.
Other than that, just yearly updates with improvements.

Ravenvalor

Accubid claims

Accubid claims

The accubid salesperson claimed that Conest customers had to rebuild their data base when Conest switched from windows xp to windows Vista. Does anyone know if this claim has any validity?

Thanks,
R

Status
Not open for further replies.