romex and EMT in the same home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
What strikes me as odd is that I was just looking for the ECN thread about this installation last week, to print out and show the guys at work, before this thread revived it.

Their response: "What, did the guy not know how to run EMT? It would have been easier and look as good, slap in a gutter and some pipe and save time!"

Not with disrespect to the creator of this work of art, but they were wondering along the same lines as Tallguy, if the guy went bankrupt (or got fired ;) ) shortly thereafter for the time spent.

I've seen these pictures a dozen times, and they still amaze me with the precision of the installation. :cool:

stickboy1375

georgestolz said:
What strikes me as odd is that I was just looking for the ECN thread about this installation last week, to print out and show the guys at work, before this thread revived it.

Their response: "What, did the guy not know how to run EMT? It would have been easier and look as good, slap in a gutter and some pipe and save time!"

Not with disrespect to the creator of this work of art, but they were wondering along the same lines as Tallguy, if the guy went bankrupt (or got fired ;) ) shortly thereafter for the time spent.

I've seen these pictures a dozen times, and they still amaze me with the precision of the installation. :cool:

EMT would be a PITA with all the conductor derating...

peter d

georgestolz said:

IIRC from Harold's description of this project, this was a very high end home where money was no issue at all.

That said, there is no way that any EC could do work like this all the time and survive, unless they were strictly high-end. Even so, high end still requires some financial and time discipline, which this work clearly does not display.

Status
Not open for further replies.