Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hole Saw Size

Hole Saw Size

What size hole saws do I need for 1" and 3/4" PVC connectors. The info that I have is for ridged, EMT and other conduits. Nothing on PVC. Since the connectors take the same locknut, I assume the ridged or EMT would be the same. BUT, they are not. (as far as the table say's) Just don't get it.

RMC and EMT have different OD's, but the connector hole saw sizes are the same. 7/8 for 1/2, 1-1/16 for 3/4... I forget the rest. Get an "electrician's hole saw kit" and forget about it.

1/2 = 7/8
    3/4 = 1 1/8
    1 = 1 3/8

Notice a pattern?
    The hole size is 3/8 larger than the conduit size
    ĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦ
    ««« CELTIC »»»
    ĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦ
    An error on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.8-)

At 2 inch we start adding 1/2".

Did I mention I hate hole saws? Give me a uni-bit and a ko set any day.:wink:

-Dave

We use these hole cutters in 7/8", 1 1/16" and 1 5/16". Above that we use the 7/8" with the KO set.
    Don
    Don, Illinois
    "It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." B Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Dave58er
    At 2 inch we start adding 1/2".

Did I mention I hate hole saws? Give me a uni-bit and a ko set any day.:wink:
    Me too! Hole saws can get a bit too large.
    "Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking."

Quote Originally Posted by don_resqcapt19
    We use these hole cutters in 7/8", 1 1/16" and 1 5/16". Above that we use the 7/8" with the KO set.
    Don

I had not seen those before. Nice looking. But I still like this for thinner steel
    THIS

Mark

electrical my life :D

Mark,
    You still have to drill to use the KO set. It is faster for the smaller holes to just use the holecutter and be done with it. (at least in my experience)
    Don
    Don, Illinois
    "It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." B Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by don_resqcapt19
    Mark,
    You still have to drill to use the KO set. It is faster for the smaller holes to just use the holecutter and be done with it. (at least in my experience)
    Don
    Right. There are times, however, due to equipment that may already be in the cabinet, that the extra chips from hole sawing are not tolerable. There will always be a place for slug busters and hole saws. My wrist won't take too much hole sawing action, but that's just me.

Talking

I have a magic trick that I use to make holes.

I just say make a hole here and somehow the hole appears or I save a little money on payday. lol!!!! :grin: :grin:
    Mike Whitt
    God answers Knee-Mail.