Status
Not open for further replies.

dezwitinc

feat_item.asp

Here it is.

celtic

dezwitinc said:
Can a translator handy?

<�p�>�<�f�o�n�t� �s�i�z�e�=�"�2�"�>�H�u�b�b�e�l�l� �R�A�C�O� �i�s� �p�l�e�a�s�e�d� �t�o� �a�n�n�o�u�n�c�e� �t�h�e� �i�n�t�r�o�d�u�c�t�i�o�n� �o�f� �a� �v�e�r�y� �n�e�w� �a�n�d� �i�n�n�o�v�a�t�i�v�e� �a�d�d�i�t�i�o�n� �t�o� �o�u�r� �l�i�n�e� �o�f� �R�A�C�O� �B�o�x�e�s� �-�-� �R�E�T�R�O�-�R�I�N�G� �f�o�r� �O�n�e� �o�r� �T�w�o� �D�e�v�i�c�e� �A�p�p�l�i�c�a�t�i�o�n�s�.�<�/�f�o�n�t�>�<�/�p�>�<�/�b�>� � � � � � �<�p�>�<�b�>�<�f�o�n�t� �s�i�z�e�=�"�2�"�>�P�r�o�d�u�c�t� �f�e�a�t�u�r�e�s� �i�n�c�l�u�d�e�:�<�/�f�o�n�t�>�<�/�b�>�<�/�p�>� � � � �<�p�>�<�f�o�n�t� �s�i�z�e�=�"�2�"�>�<�l�i�>�A�l�l�o�w�s� �4�"� �s�q�u�a�r�e� �b�o�x� �t�o� �b�e� �q�u�i�c�k�l�y� �a�n�d� �e�a�s�i�l�y� �m�o�u�n�t�e�d� �i�n� �o�l�d� �w�o�r�k� �a�p�p�l�i�c�a�t�i�o�n�.�<�b�r�>� � � � �<�p�>�<�f�o�n�t� �s�i�z�e�=�"�2�"�>�<�l�i�>�A�c�c�o�m�o�d�a�t�e�s� �a�n�y� �d�e�p�t�h�,� �4�"� �s�q�u�a�r�e� �b�o�x�.�<�b�r�>� � � � �<�p�>�<�f�o�n�t� �s�i�z�e�=�"�2�"�>�<�l�i�>�O�n�e� �o�r� �t�w�o� �d�e�v�i�c�e�s� �o�u�n�t� �d�i�r�e�c�t�l�y� �t�o� �R�E�T�R�O�-�R�I�N�G�.�<�/�b�r�>� � � � �<�p�>�<�f�o�n�t� �s�i�z�e�=�"�2�"�>�<�l�i�>�W�o�r�k�s� �i�n� �3�/�8�"� �t�o� �1�-�1�/�2�"� �t�h�i�c�k� �w�a�l�l� �o�r� �c�e�i�l�i�n�g� �a�p�p�l�i�c�a�t�i�o�n�s�.�<�/�b�r�>� � � � �<�p�>�<�f�o�n�t� �s�i�z�e�=�"�2�"�>�<�l�i�>�S�m�a�l�l� �f�o�o�t� �p�r�i�n�t� �i�s� �e�a�s�i�l�y� �c�o�v�e�r�e�d� �b�y� �w�a�l�l� �p�l�a�t�e� �(�a�n�y� �w�a�l�l� �p�l�a�t�e� �g�r�e�a�t�h�e�r� �t�h�a�n� �4�-�1�3�/�3�2�"� �W� �x� �4�-�3�/�4�"� �H�)�.� �<�/�b�r�>� � � � �<�p�>�<�f�o�n�t� �s�i�z�e�=�"�2�"�>�<�l�i�>�S�t�e�e�l� �o�l�d� �o�w�r�k� �w�i�n�g�s� �a�l�l�o�w� �f�o�r� �s�e�c�u�r�e� �m�o�u�n�t�i�n�g� �o�f� �b�o�x� �a�n�d� �d�e�v�i�c�e�s� �t�o� �w�a�l�l�.� �<�/�b�r�>� � � � �<�p�>�<�f�o�n�t� �s�i�z�e�=�"�2�"�>�<�l�i�>�I�n�c�l�u�d�e�s� �o�n�e� �w�a�l�l� �t�e�m�p�l�a�t�e� �p�e�r� �c�a�r�t�o�n� �f�o�r� �w�a�s�y� �t�r�a�c�e�-�&�-�c�u�t�-�o�u�t�.�<�/�b�r�>� � � � �<�p�>�<�f�o�n�t� �s�i�z�e�=�"�2�"�>�<�l�i�>�D�e�s�i�g�n� �a�l�l�o�w�s� �f�o�r� �i�n�s�t�a�l�l�a�t�i�o�n� �o�f� �s�t�e�e�l� �l�o�w� �v�o�l�t�a�g�e� �p�a�r�t�i�t�i�o�n� �f�o�r� �p�o�w�e�r�/�d�a�t�a� �a�p�p�l�i�c�a�t�i�o�n�s�.�<�/�b�r�>� � � � �<�p�>�<�f�o�n�t� �s�i�z�e�=�"�2�"�>�<�l�i�>�M�a�d�e� �f�r�o�m� �d�u�r�a�b�l�e�,� �.�0�3�9�"� �t�h�i�c�k� �g�a�l�v�a�n�i�z�e�d� �s�t�e�e�l�.�<�/�b�r�>� � � � �<�p�>�<�f�o�n�t� �s�i�z�e�=�"�2�"�>�<�l�i�>�C�a�n� �b�e� �u�s�e�d� �t�o� �m�o�u�n�t� �l�o�w� �v�o�l�t�a�g�e� �d�e�v�i�c�e�s� �w�i�t�h�o�u�t� �a� �b�o�x�.�<�/�b�r�>� � �
That's what I saw.

e57

Since you can't see it.... It's a "RETRO-RING~Allows 4" square box to be quickly and easily mounted in old work application." But IMO if you can find a stud - you can cut a 4"x4" hole right next to it, screw it on, and use a regular ring, and cover with a 2G plate.

973_large.jpg

480sparky

Looks to be a cut-in/remodel lo-voltage ring. Great for phone, data, CATV, etc.

Just don't use them on fire-rated walls.

480sparky

electricmanscott said:
Negative on that. Think of it as madison straps for a 4"sq box.

I can't think of any time I have ever needed something like this.

So this allows you to 'cut in' a 4-sq box? Why? If that's the case, it looks like a solution in search of a problem.

If you need a 2-gang cut-in, use one of these:

2gcutin.jpg

celtic

480sparky said:
So this allows you to 'cut in' a 4-sq box? Why? If that's the case, it looks like a solution in search of a problem.

A solution to a problem if working in AC/MC/etc territory ... you probably won't even have an plastic plastic boxes with you.

480sparky

celtic said:
A solution to a problem if working in AC/MC/etc territory ... you probably won't even have an plastic plastic boxes with you.

Take a screwdriver to a couple of these, then:

metal1g.jpg

Add a couple of F-straps, and you're good to go! :smile:

iaov

480sparky said:

If you need a 2-gang cut-in, use one of these:

2gcutin.jpg
I use these all the time. They work great.

iwire

Staff member
electricmanscott said:
Negative on that. Think of it as madison straps for a 4"sq box.

I can't think of any time I have ever needed something like this.

480sparky said:

I would guess you guys don't install fire alarm systems.

Many times the horn/strobes, speaker strobes and strobe only devices will only mount to a 4" square box.

We have been remodeling an existing hotel a floor at a time and that old work plate is perfect for what we are doing.

Right now we are using an accessory from steel city that makes their 4" squares 'old work' but this new item looks universal and better.

In the past we have taken the old work ears of of standard device boxes and fitted them onto 4" square boxes then use Madison bars to hold it in place.

Keep in mind this can be real fun with four MC cables attached to the box. :rolleyes:

iaov

iwire said:
I would guess you guys don't install fire alarm systems.

Many times the horn/strobes, speaker strobes and strobe only devices will only mount to a 4" square box.

We have been remodeling an existing hotel a floor at a time and that old work plate is perfect for what we are doing.

Right now we are using an accessory from steel city that makes their 4" squares 'old work' but this new item looks universal and better.

In the past we have taken the old work ears of of standard device boxes and fitted them onto 4" square boxes then use Madison bars to hold it in place.

Keep in mind this can be real fun with four MC cables attached to the box. :rolleyes:
You're right. I don't do much alarm system installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.