What kind of work van should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhalleron

Kentucky is pretty far away but I know of a great deal on the horizon for a killer work truck.

I'm not buying right now, but for the right deal I'd drive to Massachusetts.

I drove to Auburn MA to see my wife's family for Turkey day and stopped by New Jersey to buy a guitar. I could have looked you up.

Last edited:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
We drive a '99 E250 extended, with the factory plastic walls and full headliner, and a new padded rubber OEM floor. It's just big enough, for now, and the extra length makes a world of difference over the '95 E150 we used before.

We put in Quiet-Flex shelving, we added a pegboard wall at the back of the shelves, and cut-to-fit wood shelves across about 2/3 of the back for wire and cable, with space below for spools, and 1/3 on one side for power tools.

shepelec

I'm not buying right now, but for the right deal I'd drive to Massachusetts.

I drove to Auburn MA to see my wife's family for Turkey day and stopped by New Jersey to buy a guitar. I could have looked you up.

You were about 20 minutes from me, should have honked and waved as you went by on Rt 90.:grin:

petey_c

I had a '93 E-250 that got about 280K miles on it before it got itself into an accident. I now have a '99 E-250 with 80K. I like the van. My business is mostly small residential and light commercial, so this van is a good fit. I transferred most of my shelving, ladder racks, etc. from my old van. Just gotta tweak it a little bit. I can't believe that I had that much schist in the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.