are transformers allowed in return air plenums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriot

With that logic you would have to put the XFMR outside or on the roof ( both are great locations by the way but not nearly as good as above a suspended ceiling).:cool:

No, thats what electrical rooms are for,which usually has a seprate means of air control. And I would'nt say a roof is a great location. Probably would not be the most cost efficient way to install one. With that logic, one might not land to many jobs.

jeremysterling

No, thats what electrical rooms are for,which usually has a seprate means of air control. And I would'nt say a roof is a great location. Probably would not be the most cost efficient way to install one. With that logic, one might not land to many jobs.

I'll agree that electrical rooms are the first choice for transformer location. Do electrical rooms have the "seprate means of air control"? Or is it just a door?

raider1

Staff member
I'll agree that electrical rooms are the first choice for transformer location. Do electrical rooms have the "seprate means of air control"? Or is it just a door?

I have installed many transformers in electrical rooms that don't have any separate air system from the rest of the building.

I have also dealt with electrical rooms that had a separate air system.

It is really a design choice and not required to be one way or another by any code.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.