Service Receptical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavie

We all know we need a GFI receptical installed within 25' of the A/C compresser for service. Why not for the heat pump pool heater. It is the same piece of equipment with an added water coil.

romeo

Service Receptacle

Service Receptacle

Cavie said:
We all know we need a GFI receptacle installed within 25' of the A/C compresser for service. Why not for the heat pump pool heater. It is the same piece of equipment with an added water coil.
Not sure if I understand the question, but 680.22 (A)(3) may apply,requiring a receptacle, not closer than 10ft. or further than20ft. from a permanently installed pool

Cavie

romeo said:
Not sure if I understand the question, but 680.22 (A)(3) may apply,requiring a receptacle, not closer than 10ft. or further than20ft. from a permanently installed pool

680.22 is to keep extention cords away from the pool area. I am refering to a service receptical for the pool equipment ( evac pump for pool heat exchanger etc,) which many times is over 25' from the pool. I have seen pools on the 2nd floor and pumps on the ground floor in higher end homes.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Cavie said:
We all know we need a GFI receptical installed within 25' of the A/C compresser for service.

Actually a GFCI is not required if the receptacle is not located in an area covered by 210.8

Cavie said:
Why not for the heat pump pool heater. It is the same piece of equipment with an added water coil.

IMO, unlike environmental AC equipment, (heating in particular) this is not a piece of equipment that is necessary, whether that should have a bearing or not, I don't know.

Roger

iwire

Staff member
It might be just as simple as no one having put in a proposal for it. :smile:

680.22 is to keep extension cords away from the pool area. I am referring to a service receptacle for the pool equipment

Maybe so but if it was with in 25' of the pool equipment why not let that be the service plug.

If I have an outdoor receptacle for the yard and it happens to be within 25' of HVAC equipment I do not have to add another one just for the HVAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.