Apprentice help please?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

socha_d

Hey everyone,

I?m 21 yrs old and am going on my 2nd year of my electrical apprenticeship in Connecticut; I graduated at Porter and Chester Institute in October 2009. I have all my class room hrs completed, schooling, my osha-10 certification, and have 2,000+ hours in the field experience. Yesterday I got laid off because of lack of work (non union) and the company was out or ratio which sucks for me. I'm looking to re locate to Syracuse NY because my girlfriend and I are moving in together (3yr relationship) and that?s where she lives.

Now where can I find information about the requirements for electrical apprenticeship? Would I have to start over with my schooling, or my hours? Would it be best to join the IBEW union or look for non union jobs? Is it more or less hours to complete my apprenticeship? I don?t need anyone to answer all these questions lol, but a little help would be much appreciated or a link or anything where I can get started because I?m starting to get frustrated with my search results. It wouldn?t matter to me if I had to start my field hours over because I can show the company how much I know and show them I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done BUT starting my schooling over after I spent 24,000$ on Porter and Chester trade school would suck!!!!! I just need some info because I'm getting nowhere.

Thank you,
Dan

Nium

City of Syracuse

City of Syracuse

Just did a quick google search for Syracuse, NY.
From page for City of Syracuse...
http://www.syracuse.ny.us/Documents_and_Forms.aspx#2

Under Code Enforcement clicked on the link for Electrical License Application

and got this page with contact #'s

http://www.syracuse.ny.us/pdfs/2/Electrical License Application.pdf

Hope it helps.

I'm not from Syracuse, NY so not sure on validity of information but you could always verify what's required by calling Syracuse City Hall.

In PA except for larger cities you don't even need a license to be an electrical contractor, unfortunately, so just move down here instead and you'll be set. :)

Best o Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.