I think I lost it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Occupation
Inspector
growler said:
24 recessed fixtures really doesn't give a lot of information.

First off. Who is to provide these fixtures.
Second. Is there a lay out for the fixtures.
Third. If the fixture are to be provided by EC. Then we need type of fixture, type baffel & trim and type of lamp.
Forth. Is the ceiling sheet rock or drop.

I would get this information before giving a price on the fixtures.

1. I, the EC, supply the fixtures.
2. Kind of
3. More than likely JUNO 6" IC22 housing with Downlights trim 24B-WH, 75 watt
4. Sheet rock

celtic

For the record....I inculded the fixtures(6"), lamps, and the cheapest trim I can find...white colifex(sp?) step baffle.

The detail is in the pix I posted.

celtic

nyerinfl said:
Celtic I wanted to say I'm real impressed with that spreadsheet, that is something else.

Thank you.

I cannot take 100% credit for it though....I expanded on another's limited sheet and made it into the mostrosity you see...and it is still evolving.

growler

1793 said:
1. I, the EC, supply the fixtures.
2. Kind of
3. More than likely JUNO 6" IC22 housing with Downlights trim 24B-WH, 75 watt
4. Sheet rock

1793, the cheapest guy I know of ( that's a real contractor ) charges $75 to $80 each for cheap recessed fixtures and that's if they do 15 or 20 of them. That's $1920.00 just for the fixtures. That only leaves $1580.00 for the code mimimum electrical wiring job for nearly 1400 sq. ft. If someone wants to wire that basement for less than $1.13 a sq. ft. then let them have it.

Call some of the contractors in your area and find out what they are charging for cans and this will give you an idea where you stand on a bid like this. I don't think you could get any cheaper not even in Kentucky.

I would bid the job at $100 pr. can and $65 pr. opening and that about $4800.00. With any additional work extra, phone, cable, smokes or moving existing wiring.

Energy-Miser

1793 said:
I know it is very difficult to get a good answer to this question but I?m going to ask for Kicks & Giggles. What kind of price would you give for the following:

Basement remodel, all stud, wood, walls engineered beams, panel is in the basement.

Basement divided into 6 rooms or spaces. The finished rooms, 4 are: 13 x 18, 20 x 11, 25 x 18 and 25 x 19.

There are 24 recess lights, 30 duplex Decora receptacles, 7 switches and 3 3ways.

Minimum of three new circuits.

I shot a price of $3,000.00 to $3,500.00.

My response to these numbers, I feel, was not well received.

So, how far off was I?
In Maryland, this is way below break even. I haven't done the math, but just looking at the overall scope, there is no way. Having said that, prices are highly regional, as are salaries, etc. so not sure how it compares to what other ECs are charging in your area. e/m.

celtic

How long would it take?

How long would it take?

I think a more accurate question would be:

How long would it take?

Regional figures and all that jazz make the numbers in the metro areas seem staggeringly profitable.

On that sheet....you can just barely make out the time in 2 different areas on cell 115:
- 48.69 (in blue for rough @ D115) for rough, and
- 15.75 (in purple for finish @ J115).

64.44 man hours.

65 hours.....in a perfect world w/o interruptions from the HO, their kids, pets or in-laws...broom swept, with no other trades in the way (and that includes a mound of sheet rock placed "in the way")

jrannis

$100.00 to $125.00 per outlet, switch or basic recessed fixture. GFCI, AFI,Smokes $150 to $175.00 owner provides surface mounted fixtures.
$800.00 to $1,200 for subpanel if needed.
Fort Lauderdale area (owner has to dig the basement and waterproof it)

satcom

celtic said:
I think a more accurate question would be:

How long would it take?

Regional figures and all that jazz make the numbers in the metro areas seem staggeringly profitable.

On that sheet....you can just barely make out the time in 2 different areas on cell 115:
- 48.69 (in blue for rough @ D115) for rough, and
- 15.75 (in purple for finish @ J115).

64.44 man hours.

65 hours.....in a perfect world w/o interruptions from the HO, their kids, pets or in-laws...broom swept, with no other trades in the way (and that includes a mound of sheet rock placed "in the way")

The only way to compare is hours!

Occupation
Inspector
ptonsparky said:
Even for this area $3500 is low.

We are now finishing something similar that will be in the $5400 range. There is always someone cheaper, so don't lose any sleep over it unless you aren't getting anything.

I don't have to have this one. I just wanted to see where I stood. I was looking at $55.00 per opening and about $70.00 for the lights.

celtic

1793 said:
I don't have to have this one. I just wanted to see where I stood. I was looking at $55.00 per opening and about $70.00 for the lights.

How did you arrive at those figures ~ Larry has declared we must show our work - even the OP shall comply!

LOL
:grin:

Occupation
Inspector
celtic said:
How did you arrive at those figures ~ Larry has declared we must show our work - even the OP shall comply!

LOL
:grin:

When I get home tonight I'll get my sheet opend and try to figure out how to post it.:grin:

celtic

1793 said:
When I get home tonight I'll get my sheet opend and try to figure out how to post it.:grin:

Here's what I do to grace my posts with all those beautiful images of my desktop:

First:
Get whatever it is that want to "show case" on your screen
Hit "Prt Scrn" (to the right of F12)
Open "Paint" (Start>All Programs>Accessories>Paint)
Edit>Paste

There's your desktop!

Then:
File>Save As (I save them as jpg/jpeg)
Close Paint (or if you have more to show - leave Paint Open)

Next:
Head over to http://photobucket.com/
Upload your pic and post it in your thread

Done!

(NOTE: When posting images - PLEASE - consider some forum members may still be on dial-up and/or have small monitors. Photobucket has "Options" to resize images for you! 800x600 is generally a pretty decent size pic that *shouldn't* drive dial-up users batty and WILL fit 15 - 17" monitor.)

Status
Not open for further replies.