main disco

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronaldsax

great, my only dilema is that,one of the breakers is a 150 amp thats protects the load center which calculated load is 150 amps, Im still not sure if I need a 200 amp breaker for the calculated load of 150 amps or I can use the existing 150 amp breaker ,if I need to upgrade to a 200 amps breaker ,I went to different suppliers and they told me that squared D never made a 200 amd breaker (not main breaker).any suggestions?

360Youth

walkerj said:
I'm sure you won't find a 200 amp breaker to fit in your panel

I just had this conversation with a supply house in that even if you can find a breaker, the bus is not rated for more than 125a. Any larger would require feed through lugs. I did not have an answer for him except to check listings in particular cases. Is there a code that says so, or is it case by case?

bob

ronaldsax said:
great, my only dilemma is that one of the breakers is a 150 amp thats protects the load center which calculated load is 150 amps, I'm still not sure if I need a 200 amp breaker for the calculated load of 150 amps or I can use the existing 150 amp breaker ,if I need to upgrade to a 200 amps breaker ,I went to different suppliers and they told me that squared D never made a 200 amp breaker (not main breaker).any suggestions?
If the calculated load is equal to 1.25 x continuous load + non-continuous load , the 150 amp breaker does not need to be changed out.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
If it is possible you may consider moving one or more loads out of the "sub-panel" into the main panel. This is how I get by with a smaller "sub-feed" . Sounds like one item could do it a dryer or range.

Status
Not open for further replies.