Light Switch in Commercial Bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMAN

Have a commercial bathroom where one light is powered 24/7 (per lighting designer) and the remaining lights are controlled by a ceiling mounted occupancy sensor.

Is a switch required? I know it's required in residential bathrooms as per 210.70(A)(1). Can't seem to find anything for commercial bathrooms. Thanks for you help.

JAMAN

Thanks for your responses, very helpful.

How does 410.73(G) fit into this, if at all? Some of the light fixtures are fluorescent that utilize T5HO lamps. Does this change things if a control switch is not located at the fixture? I'm a little confused with that article.

Thanks again.

ZinskI/E

How does 410.73(G) fit into this, if at all? Some of the light fixtures are fluorescent that utilize T5HO lamps. Does this change things if a control switch is not located at the fixture? I'm a little confused with that article.

An inspector once explained to me that "quick connects" would be required on ballasts in fluorescent fixtures to satisfy this requirement (410.130(g) in the '08).

ZinskI/E

No switch

No switch

If a disconnect isn't at the fixture, then a wall switch is require?

If I understand your scenario, I read that you meet Exception #5 of 410.130(g), since you have an emergency light that would not leave the space in total darkness when servicing the other fixtures. Use the breaker as the disconnect, no wall switch required.

For maintenance sake, a keyed switch might be wise but is not required.

Status
Not open for further replies.