just took nj contractor exam today

Status
Not open for further replies.

man o man o shevits.
trick questions
what a pain in the ass
half the room took off 45 minutes through the alarm portion.

what did u guys think of that test?

there was a question on alarm portion:

if a salesman says a piece of coax will work up to 2.5 miles, a more realistic maximum length for a piece of coax run indoors would be:

a) 2 miles
b) 1.5 miles
c) 1 mile
d) .5 mile

there were a few other good ones on the test, i wonder how much prometric will charge me to try to appeal these.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
My brother-in-law took the test in October and passed. He found it to be comprehensive but not too difficult. He had taken a few prep classes and he said that they helped him quite a bit.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
My brother-in-law took the test in October and passed. He found it to be comprehensive but not too difficult. He had taken a few prep classes and he said that they helped him quite a bit.

One of the guys from our company took the test as well. He said that the people there who had taken the previous exam said it was a) totally different and b) off the wall. Our guy highlighted the coax question as well.

RICK NAPIER

It is not an easy test the last statistics I had was that a person who gets his license took the test an average of four times and that the three tests you take have a 10 to 22 percent pass rate with the electrical section the lowest and the buiseness law the highest.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
One of the guys from our company took the test as well. He said that the people there who had taken the previous exam said it was a) totally different and b) off the wall. Our guy highlighted the coax question as well.

That's possible given the example of the coax question. :roll:

wyrepullr

You need to prepare

You need to prepare

Took NJ exam last summer, first and thankfully only time.I agree with statement in earlier post that the all three tests are comprehensive yet fair. I cannot attest to the latest version. But i definitely prepared thouroghly, and it paid off. I took a prep class after using Mike Holts full dvd and book set. i spent at least ten hours a week studying in the few months prior, and had been using Mikes aids for probably close to 2 yrs a little bit at a time.It took a lot of hard work, but anything in life worth doing does.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Took NJ exam last summer, first and thankfully only time.I agree with statement in earlier post that the all three tests are comprehensive yet fair. I cannot attest to the latest version. But i definitely prepared thouroghly, and it paid off. I took a prep class after using Mike Holts full dvd and book set. i spent at least ten hours a week studying in the few months prior, and had been using Mikes aids for probably close to 2 yrs a little bit at a time.It took a lot of hard work, but anything in life worth doing does.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.:)

ELCDG411

congradulations

congradulations

Congratz on passing the test.. I hopefully will be takign the nj tes soon and will update you guys on the questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.