Show & Tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricmanscott

stickboy1375 said:
sorta like grounds down and not up sorta thing...

Is there a debate about that?:-? A guy I know told me a guy he knows said that the code says but he can remember where but if a metal plate falls off and falls on a cord that was partially inserted..........bottom line, grounds up or people are going to die. :D

Seriously though nice work. :)

jdsmith

stickboy1375 said:
You should see the heating system, its a dual fuel oil / wood burning boiler with a 450 gallon hot water storage tank... very interesting to say the least..

What else do you know about the heating system? I've thought about a dual fuel setup myself with wood & whatever if I ever build or do a major overhaul.

Jeremy

stickboy1375

electricmanscott said:
Is there a debate about that?:-? A guy I know told me a guy he knows said that the code says but he can remember where but if a metal plate falls off and falls on a cord that was partially inserted..........bottom line, grounds up or people are going to die. :D

Seriously though nice work. :)

Thanks for the compliment, I always find myself laughing at the ground up discussion, because there is still a 50% chance that whatever falls will teeter toward the ground and ungrounded side...:grin:

stickboy1375

jdsmith said:
What else do you know about the heating system? I've thought about a dual fuel setup myself with wood & whatever if I ever build or do a major overhaul.

Jeremy

Basically its a dual fuel boiler which will except wood or oil, there is a selector switch on the boiler to use oil as a backup only, wood only or automatic, but anyways, this house uses a hydro air system to heat the place, each air handler had a zone panel for a total of 5 zones total, ( I will take some more pics for you) I must have spent a week and a half wiring this system, it was the most control work I've ever done with a residential heating/cooling system.

stickboy1375

iwire said:
Stick.....I hope that is not unprotected NM within reach of people?

I can't believe you did that, what if someone comes over and starts hitting the NM with an axe? :grin:

Actually I put a sign up at the entrance, " No sharp objects beyond this point" :grin:

Does your jurisdiction not require the signs as per 702.8(A)&(B)?

It does look like a neat install. Was the jobsite as clean to work in as it is when you took the pictures?

Some other pictures would be interesting to see, Nice job!

P.S.
It does take courage and confidence to post one's own work on this site.

electricmanscott

stickboy1375 said:
Actually I put a sign up at the entrance, " No sharp objects beyond this point" :grin:

Well I guess this guy isn't welcome. :D

mohawk.jpg

stickboy1375

Pierre C Belarge said:
Does your jurisdiction not require the signs as per 702.8(A)&(B)?

It does look like a neat install. Was the jobsite as clean to work in as it is when you took the pictures?

Some other pictures would be interesting to see, Nice job!

P.S.
It does take courage and confidence to post one's own work on this site.

Yes, the jobsite is usually that clean, everyone usually pitches in at the end of the day, now there was quite a bit of material from the duct guy in the basement, but nothing to cry about, as far as 702.8, the service entrance equipment is actually the meter with disconnect, and the generator is going to be placed 3' from the meter, so not sure why a sign would really be needed. I'll take some more pics on tuesday... you will be impressed with this place...

stickboy1375 said:
Yes, the jobsite is usually that clean, everyone usually pitches in at the end of the day, now there was quite a bit of material from the duct guy in the basement, but nothing to cry about, as far as 702.8, the service entrance equipment is actually the meter with disconnect, and the generator is going to be placed 3' from the meter, so not sure why a sign would really be needed. I'll take some more pics on tuesday... you will be impressed with this place...

The requirements for the signs do not give relief in regards to the location/proximity of the equipment. Whether we agree or think some requirements are not to our liking is not going to make the requirement go away.

stickboy1375

Pierre C Belarge said:
The requirements for the signs do not give relief in regards to the location/proximity of the equipment. Whether we agree or think some requirements are not to our liking is not going to make the requirement go away.

I'll put a sign " Look Below" :grin: All kidding aside its not enforced around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.