calculate load for dialysis clinic

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallfish

A dialysis clinic has an existing 120/208 volt, 3 phase, 800 amp main service disconnecting means. How is the capacity determined for an optional power supply, in this case a generator? If the answer is found in NEC 220, Branch-Circuit, Feeder, and Service Calculations; would the example found in Annex D, Example D3 Store Building be the format for the calculation needed to size the generator ampacity? Thanks.

jameselectric

smallfish said:
A dialysis clinic has an existing 120/208 volt, 3 phase, 800 amp main service disconnecting means. How is the capacity determined for an optional power supply, in this case a generator? If the answer is found in NEC 220, Branch-Circuit, Feeder, and Service Calculations; would the example found in Annex D, Example D3 Store Building be the format for the calculation needed to size the generator ampacity? Thanks.

I think of those clinics as more of 'little hospitals'. Is there not an article that deals with standby optional systems articles 701, 702? And the load calculatins would be under those (Hospitals rules) ie lighting etc.. I believe the majority of those motors/dialysis machines are 'continuous' calculated (3hrs or longer). So where ever they are 'plugged' (assuming they are not hardwired) in the receptacles would have to reflect this. Parts of the lighting would also be continuous assuming they have people come in at night/early morning as well.

Ive never done one before but this is where i would start.

Status
Not open for further replies.