Greenlee Hand Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Oh, one more thing. Klein NM strippers, the ones with notches for 14-2 and 12-2 sheaths and conductors, also are great for stripping UF. Give it a try.

ex-seabee

green tools are for "green " sparkies

green tools are for "green " sparkies

I have been an electrician for over 20 years, I've learned to trust Klein tools! Greenlee makes great punches. The green "Commercial Electric" hand tools are cheap Chinese junk like the Ridgid tools sold in the Big orange box, unless you are a do it yourself type, or lose a lot of tools. Lots of stores are chasing dollars, and care less about quality, and which Asian tool manufacturing company made their tools.

lordofpi

As a an additional amen, Cementex is great for PPE and insulated tools; they are about 10 minutes away from where I live and are very nice people. I never really bothered getting tools such as linemans and dikes, but due to the decrease in quality of even Kleins, I would be more than happy to switch; I'll post an update if I sample the Cementex.

By the way, why are most Kleins coming out so stiff lately? I have to play with linemans for hours and hours to get them to loosen up! Not good. I understand they need a few minutes of break-in, but I ought not to have to waste time like that!

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
lordofpi said:
By the way, why are most Kleins coming out so stiff lately? I have to play with linemans for hours and hours to get them to loosen up! Not good. I understand they need a few minutes of break-in, but I ought not to have to waste time like that!
Maybe a dry lube, like graphite, would be better than a liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.