Floor box

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie tuna

an electrical supply house should stock a ul listed floor box that will work. at worst they can order you one.. the big box stores are not going to have it or be able to order it........

macmikeman

charlie tuna said:
an electrical supply house should stock a ul listed floor box that will work. at worst they can order you one.. the big box stores are not going to have it or be able to order it........

The big box stores in my area sell a floor box UL listed for wooden floors with carpet a whole lot cheaper than what the wholesalers around here sell them for. By at least $75 bucks. Floor boxes are an item the wholesalers have been playing "specialty item" with.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
charlie tuna said:

You would think so, but this is middle of nowhere Nebraska. No one local, 50 mi radius, stocked one. Found a fancy one in Iowa. T&B 664, I think.

Thanks for replies.

220/221

I have used standard plastic boxes in the floor before. I don't know if it's legal but regular round floor boxes suck. Use a nylon cover plate and it is pretty indestructable.

satcom

220/221 said:
I have used standard plastic boxes in the floor before. I don't know if it's legal but regular round floor boxes suck. Use a nylon cover plate and it is pretty indestructable.

It may not have the, 2 hour fire classification.

~Shado~

I have always used:

Grainger Item # 3D309
HUBBELL WIRING DEVICE-KELLEMS
Mfr. Model # B2588275
Grainger Item # 3D309

Easy to use, drill hole screw down. Having access below just makes it easier.

And yes, have been able to get them at the orange box.

220/221

You think you might want to look that up?

Next time. It's not like I am going to go back and pull them out.;)

I am certain that the standard carlon boxes are 2hr rated. If not, I'm still not going to go pull them from every garage wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.