Danfoss VFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I'm bidding a job to install 2 of the above. This make is new to me. Who has installed these and what did you think of them?

Thanks

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I installed, not sold, two several years ago. They had all the bells and whistles which I can appreciate a bit more now that I have experienced some low end mfgs. When it came time to.replace one, dealing with the area rep was a real pia and I eventually put in a different brand.

Besoeker

I'm bidding a job to install 2 of the above. This make is new to me. Who has installed these and what did you think of them?

Thanks
They have a good reputation in UK and have had for many years.
We are bidding for a project now that will have eight 225kW units. If it goes ahead.
The UK suppliers for us are actually quite good friends of mine at a personal level - we regularly meet up and go for a beer or a meal. If you've been in the drives business for forty some years, you get to know the players in your area.

cadpoint

Bid with a supply and a load, run in seperate conduits. That's about the only thing I recall about it, other than;

Be sure to check who pays for them to check and start up their machine, in respects to your bid, I just wasn't that high up in pecking order to know otherwise but they did have their people on site to QA it before start-up.

Good Luck with the bid!

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Be sure to check who pays for them to check and start up their machine, in respects to your bid, I just wasn't that high up in pecking order to know otherwise but they did have their people on site to QA it before start-up.

Thats a typical exclusion to a bid like this along with control wiring under 120V and the VFD's themselves. In this case the VFD's are not listed in the Division 15 equipment schedule so I need to be prepared if they ask us to supply them.

Thanks all for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.