Huge Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

I've actually driven right past that factory...it's sad to see it go up in smoke like that. I'm sure that was one of the only remaining big employers in the area, and knowing how bad the upstate economy is, now those jobs are gone unless they plan to rebuild.

I am known in the "origin and cause" portion of the fire industry as the "hound dog". I can smell an electrical fire from miles away.

After reviewing the 30 second tape of the fire, this is a no brainer. It is easy to see this is an electrical fire. How can I tell so quickly? It is easy. There is flame and smoke, a sure sign it is electrical in nature.

James guy
I was making fun, I hope no one was injured and the town recovers.

winnie

Occupation
Electric motor research
electricman2 said:
It has to be us. Who ever heard of a plumbing fire.:grin:

Not to ignore the value of a good joke, but I thought that fires caused by sewer gas were one of the reasons for drain traps and venting requirements.

-Jon

mdshunk

winnie said:
Not to ignore the value of a good joke, but I thought that fires caused by sewer gas were one of the reasons for drain traps and venting requirements.

-Jon
No, no. That's to keep people from getting watercuted.

mdshunk said:
No, no. That's to keep people from getting watercuted.

Marc
You usually have some kind of info I have not heard of, so when I read this I at first was wondering what the ??? is watercuted.

My motto is " I may not be any good, but I am slow"

It took me a minute, then I got a pretty good laugh.

mdshunk

Pierre C Belarge said:
My motto is " I may not be any good, but I am slow"
I borrowed my motto from a T V show. "If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

redgreen_file.jpg

Energize

mdshunk said:
I borrowed my motto from a T V show. "If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

redgreen_file.jpg

The Red Green show is good. I think the writing has fallen off in recent years, but then again I have been a fan for so long it is hard to maintain the high standards for laughter. Possum lodge used to have a slogan at the end of the show that always cracked me up. It was about being a man, and changing.. if I had to. All recited in a monotone, dreary, foresaken tone. I also love the stuff he does with all the cars, duct taping everything.

Keep your stick on the ice!

jamesguy10

they just kind of "did it themselves" when they needed work done. My buddy dates the owners daughter, the family is pretty shaken... lot of people got put out of work..

Status
Not open for further replies.