Dentist office chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAWGS

Has anyone dealt with BENCO dental equuipment before? We are trying to rough in for the chairs in the slab at a dental office. The only detail I have is a picture of a 4" square mouted sideways on top of their supplied floor box, with a whip going into a hole in the top of the box. They call the whip "flex wire". I am getting no where with the rep. Wondering how to bring my rigid into this box and term it.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
Try this for help.

Benco Dental
11 Bear Creek Blvd.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania 18702
1-800-GO-BENCO
570-825-7781
www.benco.com

This may be what you're looking for.

480sparky

Have you tried going over the rep's head and contacting the company directly? Google the manufacturer and see what pops up.

Buck Parrish

Yes I have installed the circuit for the dental chair. It plugs in. You need to keep your outlet about 12in. away from the center. Near the front. The base of the chair is about 15 1n. It plugs in because a disconnect is required.
Buck

DAWGS

buckofdurham said:
Yes I have installed the circuit for the dental chair. It plugs in. You need to keep your outlet about 12in. away from the center. Near the front. The base of the chair is about 15 1n. It plugs in because a disconnect is required.
Buck

I realize that, but the box they are supplying is my concern, how I term my conduit to their box.

DAWGS

480sparky said:
Do you need to take the rigid all the way to their box, or can the rigid stop at the floor and convert to flex?

Thats what I am thinking, stub my rigid into their makeup box and then flex to receptacle. Just not sure what their box is like.

bigjohn67

Dentist Chair

Dentist Chair

We use PVC, cut it off flush and install surface box after the box is installed in the cutout. Filler concrete is required by others. Works everytime.

mdshunk

bigjohn67 said:
We use PVC, cut it off flush and install surface box after the box is installed in the cutout. Filler concrete is required by others. Works everytime.
Curious to know how you use PVC in an article 517 location anyhow? Do you pull HCFC in the PVC?

DAWGS

mdshunk said:
Curious to know how you use PVC in an article 517 location anyhow? Do you pull HCFC in the PVC?

Thats what I am wondering. I am usind a 2" PVC for the communications. But I need steel conduit for the power to meet 517.

Status
Not open for further replies.