Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdog

my only problem with the 2x4's across and the wire stapled across it is what happens when the home owner moves in and says " Honey i found a place to hang that mirror you think 3 inch screws will hold it."
also you said one wire in one hole.what do you do when you get to the load center? if you have a 30 space box in a stud wall and drill 30 holes in a 14 1/2 space here you would be turned down.

hillbilly

splinetto said:
hillbilly said:
Who's claiming ownership of that "speedy" installation?

That definitely wouldn't fly around here.

That would be me and the only reason it wouldnt FLY would be that it is properly securred and supported..:grin:

Splinetto....Hang on a second....

I was referring to the pictures posted by Walker in post # 138.

I wasn't talking about the (your?) pictures in post #1.
That work looks good to me.

steve

splinetto

zdog said:
my only problem with the 2x4's across and the wire stapled across it is what happens when the home owner moves in and says " Honey i found a place to hang that mirror you think 3 inch screws will hold it."
also you said one wire in one hole.what do you do when you get to the load center? if you have a 30 space box in a stud wall and drill 30 holes in a 14 1/2 space here you would be turned down.
If a screw was ran into the hrs atleast it would only hit one, on some of the pictures ive seen One screw would wipe out half a house...:grin:
If the panel is in a stud space you would have to come down other stud spaces and come up the bottom......I never said my way was easier just neat.

iwire

Staff member
splinetto said:
If a screw was ran into the hrs atleast it would only hit one, on some of the pictures ive seen One screw would wipe out half a house...:grin:

As much as I do not agree with your method, I have to admit that was a great reply. :cool:

stickboy1375

splinetto said:
I am just trying to start a Revolution....just until i switch over to commercial and then Ill fell like a cub again

Tuff starting out at the bottom, maybe someday we can all look back and say "hey that splinetto was right on, I can't believe we did it any other way..." :grin: :grin: :grin:

The funny thing is that how your so set with the way you do it... like trying another way is a complete waste of time... :)

splinetto

I think Ill start my I have a Dream speach.....one day little stickboys and little splinettos will wire together.....Wires straight and neat .....Free at last

iwire

Staff member
stickboy1375 said:
The funny thing is that how your so set with the way you do it... like trying another way is a complete waste of time... :)

Yeah he's stuburn....but heck he has a good sense of humor about the ribbing we have been giving him. :cool:

Start The Revolution

OK, just so ya know....I am not changing to one hole one cable anytime soon. :grin:

splinetto

The revolution has just started. Can you feel it?....Maybe Ill open up a PO Box so all of my supporters can send me there financial help....(I can read your mind I bet your thinking I need psycological help) Anyway any support is welcome

peter d

petersonra said:
If I am the owner, I am not going to care much about how things I won't be able to see look. Adequate is good enough for me.

That is an excellent point. Most homeowners, unless they are retired electricians who don't feel like working on their own homes anymore ;) , could not appreciate the difference between a house that was wired perfectly neat to a house that was done adequately neat.

Even most commercial work that is perfectly visible with a ceiling tile removed is not done to perfection. Most budgets simply won't allow it.

220/221

If a screw was ran into the hrs atleast it would only hit one, on some of the pictures ive seen One screw would wipe out half a house...

On the other hand, if the wires are floating and not stapled tight, they would more than likely just be pushed out of the way .;)

Mike01

Wow

Wow

I will have to say it is a "neat and clean" instllation I would just hate to be the guy that drives an anchor into that wall to hang a picture of new television!!:grin:

dibloafer

stevenj76 said:
All from a new grocery store...

wfpipe1gu0.jpg

3/4" EMT homeruns, kicked at 30deg to panels below.

wfpipe2iu4.jpg

Other side of rack, 2" feeders kicked into panels from above.
4 horizontal in front, 2 vertical in back.

wfpipe3dt1.jpg

2" feeders rolling offset of over 10', all factory bends.
The offsets and extending the rack 30' took 2 guys one day.

We can't get away with using SER for feeders here.
The homeruns were too long and numerous for MC to be efficient.

nicely done! great pics.

srblx

One wire per hole seems like an extra lot of drilling and wasted time. we drill our holes to allow several wires but we also remember that we have to leave so much space for heating when we group the wires. This method of larger holes and grouping meets all code requirements so why wast time drilling 24 sets of holes when ya can drill half that and save time and money not to say your dril lbits last longer.

srblx

how many violations to code did you folks see in these pics, At first glance i see at least 10 things our inspector would flag. He would walk in look up and say fail. iam refering to post no# 138 for those that aren't sure where i was going.

iwire

Staff member
srblx said:
how many violations to code did you folks see in these pics, At first glance i see at least 10 things our inspector would flag. He would walk in look up and say fail. iam refering to post no# 138 for those that aren't sure where i was going.

A link to post #138

:smile:

As an Inspector in Colorado I would have failed this box for bundling. Is this a basic carlon 2 gang? 32 cubic inch ? Looks like excessive boxfill.

ArcNSpark

peter d said:
I'm cringing right now looking at large diameter pipe and C fittings. I really hope that you didn't pull out and then back into those. C fittings should be illegal to make over 1/2".

Well, I like to use them every hundred feet or so in long pulls. Not as a pull point, but for pouring wire lube into. It can make a long pull go much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.