Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyou812

I personally think its nice to see some real nice work for once. I have come across houses that were built during the housing boom real cheep. one bath gfi for all the bathrooms and generally some real sloppy crap.
But on the other hand I am new to the art of contracting and I just finished the rough wire on a 4000 sq house, by myself,and I consider myself neat but I am quickly loosing my own overstappling habit. And my new best friend has become the stacker. I have three bags on the truck now.
But that just shows you that there is the Artisan Electrician and the Business type Electrician which type are you?

jrannis

iwire said:
I don't know about Lawnmower man but I would get a different type of conduit body or get a tap and clean up the ends.

The thread isnt either deep or wide enough for the steel fittings, maybe the cast ones would have worked.
Tap 4" Malable Iron condulets? They do make the convertable LB that may have worked but it took too long to get 16 of them and they were $100 more per unit.

BTW this job was the one that was going to be encased in concrete until they decided to install a 3000amp disconnect at the vault.

Half way through the job they changed over to EMT on the load side but kept the rigid in the utility side

dlhoule

stickboy1375 said:
No, nothing about it... if its anything like the expanding foam I used in the early 90's I dont want it... :grin: I think I still have that stuff on me...

Wouldn't it have worked better if you had put it into the hole instead of on yourself?:grin: :D

badabing

Just wondering how you would've handled the situation we've recently encountered with our new house. If you click the link and look at the picture the red arrows point to a stack-it. There's 8 sets of stack-its and each one is filled with 8 wires (10 stack-its + 8 wires = 80 homeruns [so far]). you've have drilled 80 holes to fit each of those wires in? Just so you know, that's the ONLY spot to get to the basement, the rest of the house is a slab and we needed to get to the basement on the other side of the house where the panel is located. And No, a subpanel is not an option here, those are all the wires that are run back to those crestron panels I talked about in another post, so you would have to run them back.

http://iliveonearth.com/images/homeruns.jpg

I'm just hoping the sheetrockers have good aim with their screw guns, i'd hate to have to fix any of those wires :)

LawnGuyLandSparky

jrannis said:
LawnGuyLandSparky said:
OK here it is:
Connectors will not screw into the threads in the hub, like screwing one into a weatherproof bell box (or whatever you guys call them).

Rigid side is a 8" nipple cut in half, threaded end screwed into the C Condulet, steel setscrew coupling connects the nipple to the pipe. The EMT side is a close nipple into the C Condulet a threaded coupling and a set screw connector.
What would you do Lawn?

-EMT set screw condulets. or
-Pullbox.

220/221

Is the cabling going to be exposed in the original pics?

I am NOT a fan of staples. I do a LOT of rework and I see a lot of damage done by staples. I put enough in to keep the cables out of the way and always leave them loose enough where the cables can pull out and I use as FEW as possible.

This is a typical box for me. Beat me into the ground if it's not pretty enough but it's safe and efficient. This is in MY house BTW. Inspector thought it was good enough :D

DSC01017.jpg

Yeah, I screwed the box to the stud but I DID take the wire out of sheath.;)

splinetto

220/221 said:
Is the cabling going to be exposed in the original pics?

I am NOT a fan of staples. I do a LOT of rework and I see a lot of damage done by staples. I put enough in to keep the cables out of the way and always leave them loose enough where the cables can pull out and I use as FEW as possible.

This is a typical box for me. Beat me into the ground if it's not pretty enough but it's safe and efficient. This is in MY house BTW. Inspector thought it was good enough :D

DSC01017.jpg

Yeah, I screwed the box to the stud but I DID take the wire out of sheath.;)
I would not do it like that, however atleast you put a picture of your work out there....Some of the people on here talk alot but do they show off there work?

M. D.

334.30 Securing and Supporting. Nonmatallic-sheathed cable shall be supported and secured by staples, cable ties, straps, hangers, or similar fittings designed and installed so as not to damage the cable, at intervals not exceeding 4' 6" and within 12" of every outlet box.

Not the end of the world,... but not I'm not sure those cables are, in fact, secured?

Not sure that cable sheath was designed for securing and supporting the cable??

That would not fly where I work .

Last edited:

220/221

Not sure that cable sheath was designed for securing and supporting the cable??

Sure they are. That's where the term "cable ties" comes from. :grin:

Question. Out here the "attics" are just a crawl space full of blown in insulation. Would you require stapling every 4 feet above the joists (thru the trusses). Seems like a waste of resources.

It seems like the purpose is to keep the cabling out of the way toward the center of the wall. After construction is complete, where can it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.