Meter can wireing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpal

IMO
110.3 (B) could be one place (in the Code) that may require inhibitor on Cu (or Al for that matter). The requirment to apply a mfg identified paste to typical wire terminations rests with the splicing, terminating device mfg or the conductor mfg.

For what it's worth I have a book from Southwire on copper wire and that text recommends the application of inhibitor on all copper termninations. But locally I have only seen such application for a marine enviorment.

I see the resonse from texas is inhibitor required there?

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
706.8, under retro encabulator service equipment.

If that's not there, it's not there.

Not accordng to Rockwell

I don't believe the code has never required the use of noalox. That was a manufacturers instruction for aluminum wire. Todays aluminum does not need noalox but I can't break an old habit. :)

I got the 706 reference, but I could not remember what "retro encabulator service equipment" was until Dennis added the link. That is a classic.

And like Dennis, even though there is no requirement to use Noalox, I can't stop. Although, now I dab it on and rub it in like the instructions say rather than leave stalactites of ooze hanging from the lugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.