LFNC direct burial

Status
Not open for further replies.
356.42 "Straight LFNC fittings are permitted for direct burial"

Does this mean ANY straight fitting listed for use with LFNC is ok for direct burial, or is an additional "direct burial" listing necessary.

I never thought about using LFNC this way, but there are occasions lately when it would be helpful.

iwire

Staff member
buck33k said:
I never thought about using LFNC this way, but there are occasions lately when it would be helpful.

I am not sure about your question, but keep in mind the 360 degrees between pull points would still apply.

mdshunk

Even fittings that we presently bury don't specifically say on them that they're okay'd for burial, such as an RMC coupling. I think it's a non-issue. I guess this LFNC comes about from certain air conditioning installations, where the condensing unit is located some distance from the house.

Poolside

If I need to bury the LFNC I try to do it so that the fittings are not buried. At least then I don't have to worry about the listing of the fittings themselves.

- Greg

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Tom,
LNFC is one raceway that is truely watertight. PVC and RMC is not.
Lets not confuse the issue...the inside of LNFC installed undergroung or in above ground wet locations is a wet location per the code rules found in 300.5(B) and 300.9.
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.