AARP crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewire

Just got my invite to join the AARP and I just was wondering how many of my fellow posters were at or close to the big Five-O and I don't mean Hawaii .

bkludecke

Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I'm 55 and I won't join AARP. It's a political lobbying outfit that, if given their way, would bankrupt their own grandkids IMHO. I know talking politics is frowned on in this forum so my oppologies for that.

BTW I don't give senior discounts either. Not because I don't like seniors, but because it seems that around here at least, they are the ones with all the $$$. If I do a job for someone who I think really needs a break, I'll give them one regardless of their age.

Tiger Electrical

I passed the mark a couple years ago. I'm not a member. I haven't figured out any benefit other than a slight discount on some restaurants, hotels and rental cards, which we get from our insurance.

Dave

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
My wife's parents did us the "honor" of giving us membership when we crossed that line a few years back. They keep renewing it for us. Since I have never done anything associated with AARP (i.e., never bought their advertised insurance products), my only objection is to the "R-Word" in their name. If they called themselves the American Association of the Over 50 Crowd, I would be more inclined to care about who they are and what they do.

Rewire

charlie b said:
My wife's parents did us the "honor" of giving us membership when we crossed that line a few years back. They keep renewing it for us. Since I have never done anything associated with AARP (i.e., never bought their advertised insurance products), my only objection is to the "R-Word" in their name. If they called themselves the American Association of the Over 50 Crowd, I would be more inclined to care about who they are and what they do.
I thought that was funny "retired" you gotta be kidding I plan on training the first crop of crandkids

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
electricman2 said:
15 in my case.:smile:
Theres the explaination of "senior member".

As fate would have it, my wife got her application today. She's 42. I'm 47 and have never recieved one. Mabey they think I'm already dead.

growler

chris kennedy said:
As fate would have it, my wife got her application today. She's 42. I'm 47 and have never recieved one. Mabey they think I'm already dead.

Women have been known to lie about their age. :confused: :confused:

They don't send those applications until you hit 50. Yes, they have ways of knowing.

( I'm over 50 and my mother is only 39, just try explaining that one ).

Last edited:

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
growler said:
Women have been known to lie about their age. :confused: :confused:

They don't send those applications until you hit 50. Yes, they have ways of knowing.
Luucciieee, You have some splaning to do.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
chris kennedy said:
You'd better check with your insurance agent. :cool:

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
i'm amazed that all of you old people know how to even turn a computer on. :D :D :D i turned 25 three months ago and had a panic attack when i realized i was getting closer to 30 (i was within an inch of tears :( ). i used to think life was over @ 30; you fellas have proven that to be false.

quogueelectric

I am getting scared

I am getting scared

I didnt know they signed you up at 50 I am only 48 you know and can still climb around an attic like a squirrel (alright a fat squirrel) maybe a groundhog.

Status
Not open for further replies.