This is a test

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
That was a test to copy and paste from the 08 CD-Rom. How would I high light that to appear as a quote?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Copy the text, click on the "quote" icon (looks like a yellow sheet of paper with writing on it). Hit paste. It will automatically insert.

Copy the text, click on the "quote" icon. Hit paste. It will automatically insert.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I still like:
334.2 Definition.
Nonmetallic-Sheathed Cable. A factory assembly of two
or more insulated conductors having an outer sheath of
nonmetallic material.
. . . and . . .
334.100 Construction. The outer cable sheath of
nonmetallic-sheathed cable shall be a nonmetallic material.

Mike03a3

You can also simply highlight (select) the text you want quoted and then click this icon in the editor:
quote.gif

like I did for this

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I downloaded the pdf from the NFPA website, and have been struggling getting it to open. Thursday evening, while close to a wi-fi hotspot, I redownloaded the 8MB file per their instructions, and it finally reopened for the first time in a month. Then I went to drag it to my "references" folder on my hard drive, and it accidentally copied it.

Now I get to start over, it won't open again. I'm ready to ask for my money back. :mad:

What's the story with the CD? You just have to carry it around with you or leave it in your cd drive to use it? Can you use it in multiple computers? Is there a way to use it without the CD?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
georgestolz said:
I downloaded the pdf from the NFPA website, and have been struggling getting it to open. Thursday evening, while close to a wi-fi hotspot, I redownloaded the 8MB file per their instructions, and it finally reopened for the first time in a month. Then I went to drag it to my "references" folder on my hard drive, and it accidentally copied it.

Now I get to start over, it won't open again. I'm ready to ask for my money back. :mad:

What's the story with the CD? You just have to carry it around with you or leave it in your cd drive to use it? Can you use it in multiple computers? Is there a way to use it without the CD?

Are you talking about the handbook or codebook CD-ROM? I have the 2008 NEC codebook, downloaded it and haven't had a problem with it. It says that it's down-loadable to two computers, after that you'll need to keep it in the drive to access it on another computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.