Halo Recessed Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank_n

What is the difference between the Halo All=Pro Series and the regular series? Anyone use Progress Lights? Are they any good? I finally used Juno "old work" cans a few weeks ago and didn't like them.

Frank

bikeindy

frank_n said:
What is the difference between the Halo All=Pro Series and the regular series? Anyone use Progress Lights? Are they any good? I finally used Juno "old work" cans a few weeks ago and didn't like them.

Frank

I don't like Progress lights, Juno is my favorite can except for the old work 6" they have a flat top and won't go in the hole very well, I use Halo for old work cans haven't seen the all pro series maybe there the toughest ones to put in and you have to be all-pro to get the job done.

Last edited:

mdshunk

I only use Progress when I have the choice, but that's because out of all the supply houses I shop at, most of them carry Progress. Makes sourcing the whole lighting package easy, since I have several places I can pull from. I have used Halo and Juno when they're spec'd. and don't have any complaints about them particularly. Just a Fords vs. Chevy vs. Dodge type of thing. It all depends on what you got used to over the years. I happen to think that Progress makes the "sturdiest" old work cans. They have a pretty neat bar thing that really holds good. Works fantastic on thick old plaster ceilings. Some old work cans will only work on 1/2 and 5/8 drywall, which isn't that helpful to me.

sparkydon

Prescolite is a well respected manufacturer of recessed lighting. They make every kind of can imaginable and the trims suck up super tight to the ceiling material everytime. The rough in cans aren't all fancy, but the final product is quality and at a good price...I use a lot of their 6" 26W rapid start flourescent cans and 4" incansescent.

sparkydon

To answer the OP...I belive the Halo All Pro series is Title 24 compliant, which means the housings and trims are gasketed to provide an Air-tite installation, (for energy eff.) and have a bunch of time-saving gizmo's (snap in strain reliefs, wago connectors...)

Status
Not open for further replies.