Receptacles by Bathtub

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonype

electricman2 said:
You might want look at This thread :D

Thats the thread I was referring to - I got the impression that the concern was generally at or above the level of the tub rim though I could not definitively determine that, especially since receptacles in the location here are not the norm.

celtic

P1030806.jpg

Touchdown!!!

(so long as there is GFCI protection)

76nemo

Wait a minute,......

Wait a minute,......

Again, I have seen GFCI recep's fail and still have passive V to the wipers. Usually when something ignorant is posted, it gets gang jumped. Who did the drawings for this layout:confused:

M. D.

76nemo said:
Again, I have seen GFCI recep's fail and still have passive V to the wipers.
:confused:

what??? Is this some sort of rap phrase ,.Oh I see it now ,..voltage even when the device has tripped.

Not a great design to be sure,.... I have a receptacle outlet less than 10" from my shower/tub ,.. causes very little anxiety and niether are in violation of the NEC.

M. D.

I can't help but to wonder ?,.. what would the folks that see this GFCI protected receptacle as a threat think of a light not protected by a GFCI mounted on the shower stall wall??

iwire

Staff member
M. D. said:
a light not protected by a GFCI mounted on the shower stall wall??

A light on a shower stall wall?

Thats just crazy talk, you know that has to be an NEC violation.

Besides even if the NEC does not prohibit it I am sure a good inspector can figure out a way to prohibit it for the good of humanity.

:wink: :roll:

480sparky

M. D. said:
I can't help but to wonder ?,.. what would the folks that see this GFCI protected receptacle as a threat think of a light not protected by a GFCI mounted on the shower stall wall??

Now there's a photo we need to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.