It's inhumane what we do to ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

fww56

mdshunk said:
I've called my wife under the guise of "chatting", but I really wanted it to be one last "I love you", just in case.

Man, that hits kinda hard now that I'm sitting here thinking about it.

Oh Marc, I don't think I ever did it as a last "I love you" call, more because I'm selfish and hate the thoughts of laying somewhere in pain with the cell phone either broken or laying just out of reach thinking I'm going to die. It is scary though in retrospect.

FRANK

cowboyjwc

Staff member
If I was a crybaby, I'd probably make a list like that too. There is no profit in airing your personal problems. It's a job. If every day was easy or pleasurable, they might not have to pay you.

ceb58

cowboyjwc said:
If I was a crybaby, I'd probably make a list like that too. There is no profit in airing your personal problems. It's a job. If every day was easy or pleasurable, they might not have to pay you.

First, I also apologize to Mark for a previous hi-jack in this thread.

As for the quote, I think your statement is one of the most arrogant ass statements I have heard in a while. I did/do not think Marc or any one else was "crying". Just thinking out loud what he and the rest of us, do and should, always keep in the back of our mind. Every one can come up with dangers and crud work they do to earn a living. Marc was just pointing out some of the things related to our industry. I am sure we could find dangers for inspectors, paper cuts..... writers cramp..... Etc.

iwire

Staff member
ceb58 said:
As for the quote, I think your statement is one of the most arrogant ass statements I have heard in a while. I did/do not think Marc or any one else was "crying".

That was pretty much Marc's own words from another thread thrown right back at him.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
ceb58 said:
First, I also apologize to Mark for a previous hi-jack in this thread.

As for the quote, I think your statement is one of the most arrogant ass statements I have heard in a while. I did/do not think Marc or any one else was "crying". Just thinking out loud what he and the rest of us, do and should, always keep in the back of our mind. Every one can come up with dangers and crud work they do to earn a living. Marc was just pointing out some of the things related to our industry. I am sure we could find dangers for inspectors, paper cuts..... writers cramp..... Etc.

Actually if you look at a theard I started, "why inspectors get attitudes," thats a direct quote from Marc to me, I simply copied and pasted it.

Been in the trades 30 years, been there and done that.

mdshunk

ceb58 said:
As for the quote, I think your statement is one of the most arrogant ass statements I have heard in a while.
:grin: :grin: :grin: That is just too funny!

You must realize that cowboyjwc was just parroting a previous statement of mine word-for-word. I know he did it in good sport, in much the same way I did when I originally wrote it. Matter of fact, it was that previous thread to which I originally responded that way that caused me to think of writing the opening post of this thread.

Never take too seriously the words of a guy who's many miles away from you and whom you'll likely never meet. Just assume that the spirit in which they intended the words was not to stir trouble, but the actual typed words might have come off wrong. I know that I happen to have a very dry sense of humor, and sometimes things that I thought were pretty funny sound or seem angry to other people.

I'm reasonably surprised this thread made it this far without that quote, since I fully expected it early on.

Last edited:

cowboyjwc

Staff member
mdshunk said:
:grin: :grin: :grin: That is just too funny!

You must realize that cowboyjwc was just parroting a previous statement of mine word-for-word. I know he did it in good sport, in much the same way I did when I originally wrote it. Matter of fact, it was that previous thread to which I originally responded that way that caused me to think of writing the opening post of this thread.

Never take too seriously the words of a guy who's many miles away from you and whom you'll likely never meet. Just assume that the spirit in which they intended the words was not to stir trouble, but the actual typed words might have come off wrong. I know that I happen to have a very dry sense of humor, and sometimes things that I thought were pretty funny sound or seem angry to other people.

I'm reasonably surprised this thread made it this far without that quote, since I fully expected it early on.

Sorry Marc, I was off for three days. :grin:

P.S. Consider this a hand shake.

electricman2

Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Whatever the intent, I can identify with Marcs post. As I read it I could visualize me in each situation doing the same thing. Funny thing is when we are actually doing it, it seems so natural.:)

tonyou812

Well not to interupt but on a lighter side, I was in the most disgusting house last week adding a bunch of crap to this turn of the century, not very well kept home. There was cat poop all over the "dirt" basement floor floor. The two cat liter boxes were completely full and the whole basement reeked something horrible.
I got so sick of the smell I made an attempt at cleaning the box, but to my horror it was all stuck together into one big mass. Now I have three cats of my own and I clean their litter every day. This guy must have given up months ago, and now the cats were going all over the basement.
The job only took me a day and a half but I was just ready to hear complaints about tracking crap all over the house so i layed drop cloths all over the house on both days and I had to wash them twice to get rid of the nasty smell.
The real nasty part was when I had to go under the crawl space, that was filled with cat poop too.
The ship we do for money...........

SmithBuilt

I'll have to admit one of the worst houses I've ever worked in wreaked of cat pee. The lady must have had ten cats. Cat poo and pee all over the house. She got evicted and the landlord had to demo the bottom 4' of the drywall and replace it to get rid of the smell. I hate that smell.

aline

A lot of times I wear booties to protect my boots from the customer's floors, not to protect the customer's floors from my boots.

mdshunk

aline said:
A lot of times I wear booties to protect my boots from the customer's floors, not to protect the customer's floors from my boots.
That's funny.

I know that sometimes when I clean up the area that I was working in before I leave, I look back and notice that I left a clean spot.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
aline said:
Also the reason why I wear procto (latex exam) gloves when I work. a) they keep my hands clean, b) God knows what you might touch, and c) Nobody messes with me when I snap those gloves on !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.