Help with practice test

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakn

Where rmc is used as an equipment grounding conductor, all joints and fittings are required to be:
a)approved
b)tested
c)made up tight using suitable tools
d)sealed
I have searched the code book from front to back.
Thank you

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Did you look in Article 250? Look at the section pertaining to equipment grounding conductors.

Kevin Devlin

Question

Question

Can the answer also be a, because in 250.120(A)(08 code book) says " .. using fittings for joints and terminations approved for use with type raceway or cable. All connections, joints, and fittings shall be made tight using suitable tools."?

Freebiez

Well i know for them to be suitable for grounding they have to be "wrench tight"

I think thats specified in the new code book. Maybe even a wording change from 05 to 08 nec. i will look and tell you for sure next time i look in the code book later today.

but the answer is defintely C, however i will get you the source so you can feel sure!

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Since this is a practice test it would be prudent to avoid giving someone the answer. It would be better to provide them with a reference as to where the answer may be as opposed to giving it to them outright. Just a thought. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.