current returning to a different source

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossman

Smart $ said:
Well quite frankly, thank you for being blunt!

Oops. My apologies for my rudeness. I guess I was just expecting my lengthy commentary to be torn apart bit-by-bit instead of a blanket statement about "thinking of an e-field more from the electromagnetic point of view"

Anyway, I was out of town for the past 24 hours and I fully expected my lengthy thoughts to be torn to shreds, but apparently it didn't happen. I can take that to mean either:

1) I was substantially correct
2) It was so long, no one bothered to read it.

zog

crossman said:
Oops. My apologies for my rudeness. I guess I was just expecting my lengthy commentary to be torn apart bit-by-bit instead of a blanket statement about "thinking of an e-field more from the electromagnetic point of view"

Anyway, I was out of town for the past 24 hours and I fully expected my lengthy thoughts to be torn to shreds, but apparently it didn't happen. I can take that to mean either:

3) Everyone is sick of arguing symantics

crossman

Zog, it isn't semantics that has been argued in this thread. It is two distinct concepts of current flowing to a conductive body.

zog said:
I can draw an arc to an ungrounded piece of metal (And maintain it) through about 4-6"" of air with my 100kV Hipot (AC), current stays around a few mA. Where is the path for current?

You asked "where is the current path" and you later stated you agreed with Rick. Rick has said that the current path and current flow in situations similar to yours is not dependent on capacitance and he essentially ridiculed those of us who say it is capacitance and claimed the math of his proposed mechanism is really hard and he has no desire to prove it to us.

I offered valid arguments against the "not capacitance" theory and for the "capacitance" theory. I am waiting for a refutation.... which is going to be difficult.... for the physicists who have gone before us used the very situation we are speaking of to define capacitance.

crossman

I have been begging for you and Rick to save me from "the box". If you indeed have some manner of explaining and validating your speculated theories which involve current flows other than through the accepted circuit components of inductance, resistance, and capacitance, I will be very happy to hear them.

Draw some diagrams. Show the current flows. Explain where it is going. Post some photos of your high-pot so we can see what you have done.

I have been wrong on this forum before, and the kind folks showed me the error of my ways. You can be one more person on the list who has educated me, and I would be grateful for that.

Rick Christopherson

Crossman, the information has been presented repeatedly, and you ignore it and go off on your own merry way. I can't speak for anyone else, but I grew tired of repeating the same information. This thread has long ago become an argument of "one". Everyone has stopped discussing this because we got tired of saying things that fell on deaf ears.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
crossman said:
...I can take that to mean either:

It is substantially correct.

As for my not commenting on your lengthy posts, specifically #357, is more because you are not quoting what post you are replying to. Without such quote, or part thereof, it is hard to determine to what post you are replying or adding. I generally view in Linear Display Mode, and have to switch to Hybrid or Threaded to determine to whom you are replying. And that becomes extra difficult in long threads such as this one. The post numbers seem to change, also.

zog

Rick Christopherson said:
Crossman, the information has been presented repeatedly, and you ignore it and go off on your own merry way. I can't speak for anyone else, but I grew tired of repeating the same information. This thread has long ago become an argument of "one". Everyone has stopped discussing this because we got tired of saying things that fell on deaf ears.

Amen! your drawings rule, now move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.