2 loads on one meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianis

can one connect 2 TECK cables carring different loads onto one meter? In a industrial building the tenant has 3 meters for different floors. One of this meters servicing lights (347v) was disconected. Another electrician told the owner that he can take the Teck cable coming from the disconnected meter and conect it to another meter feeding a transformer. As far as I know thas a no go but the owner is insisting based on what the other electrician told him

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
resistance said:
What is Teck cable?
Where is it made?

judging by the 347v comment he made, i'm assuming its a canadian thing. (maybe 'tenant entrance cable k......?")

Q1: why was the meter disconnected?

Q2: what loads do the other meters serve?

Q3: explain "another meter feeding a transformer"

Q4: does one of the other services have the capacity to carry the lighting load and are they the same voltage. barring any local requirements, i don't see why this load can't be connected to another service. some other equipment may need to be installed to handle the connection, such as a trough where you can splice the "teck"? cables together and then go to the meter.

76nemo

Teck cable,...what???

Teck cable,...what???

Yeah man, it's Canadian. I have a friend who asked me awhile ago about it's limitations. Teck cable Mike? What the h*ll are you talking about? He sent me a good link that I can't find now. I'll keep looking. Try querying on it, we'll see who finishes first:wink:

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
76nemo said:
Yeah man, it's Canadian. I have a friend who asked me awhile ago about it's limitations. Teck cable Mike? What the h*ll are you talking about? He sent me a good link that I can't find now. I'll keep looking. Try querying on it, we'll see who finishes first:wink:

a search on wikipedia didn't return any results, so until proven otherwise it does not exist. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.