what a mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjg

These images are from a job we were called to do an interior finish on. The shell had been finaled prior to our portion of the work. As you can see we found a nightmare. So far 32 man hours and still going on the repairs. Some of the violations we found are --parallel 12 ga neutrals --using a beam clamp to connect the main water ground to building steel--not one of the device boxes were bonded--open MC splices--the service entrance conductors were installed so poorly in the main panel the cover wouldn't go on properly--most every EMT coupling had at least one screw loose--exit/emergency/nightlights not circuited together--the list goes on and on.

I hope the pictures work

Last edited:

Poolside

Yikes!

Yikes!

I'd like to use those photos for my electrical class... would you mind?

That job looks like one I got into many years ago on some isolated-ground circuits for some cash registers in a new home improvement store. The original "electrician" ran NM cable from the attic down through flex feeding the receptacles under the registers. The computer guy told him that the ground wire had to be insulated. The "electrician's answer: tape up the bare ground wire! (I wish they had digital cameras then.)

God luck finishing that job off.

- Greg

480sparky

stickboy1375 said:
Thats not the fitting in the picture... :grin: but I do get your point, with that hack job I'm still betting its not the right connector...:grin:

Could be another brand, though. I've used similar fittings that don't look the same. I've seen one that has a small hole in the center, and four spokes going out from it. Couldn't tell you the brand, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.